1. MODERATOR NEEDED!
    If you have a good deal of RV / Camper / Trailer knowledge and want to help out the community by moderating a new forum here on DRN, please message me. Industry pro's are welcome.

TTR 125 Clutch or something else?

Discussion in 'Pit Bikes & Mini's' started by b.kosty, Mar 12, 2010.

1. whenfoxforks-ruled

whenfoxforks-ruled Old MX Racer

That came off a really big seal, 2 1/2" or so? Does a ttr have an engine driven tach or speedometer? Vintage Bob

2. Patman

Patman Pantless Wonder

You can lead a horse to water...
  3. _JOE_

_JOE_ Subscriber

Actually, the ttr comes with a very nice owners manual, very detailed and gives lots of pictures. It's all you need to split the cases. The bikes are really quite simple.
  4. b.kosty

b.kosty Rookie DRN Member

Yes i know, I need to get a manual if i do attempt to try this, but all i asked was for any help if anyone knew exactly where this is from in the bike. I dont have much experiance splitting cases and would rather like to know what im goin in to look for before i do and possibly wreck more,
    No speedo or tach on it just has electric start, there cant be very many 2 1/2" seals in there hey? Do you know where that size of seal would be located?
  5. Patman

Patman Pantless Wonder

If somebody knew exactly where it came from they would have told you. If you can't clue in to that I'd suggest you might want to take the bike to a professional because it doesn't get any simpler as you start unbolting stuff. Do yourself a HUGE favor, either look at the manual Joe suggested since you owned it from new you should have it right? If you don't then buy the darned factory service manual and crack it open. There are sites with online exploded diagrams of parts, those might help you understand where the pieces are that might be the cause of the problem but the only way to fix it is to open it up and fix it. Sorry you won't know what the problem is until you actually have things apart.
  6. gprove

gprove Rookie DRN Member

I know this is a super old thread. Wondering if you ever found out where it came from.
    Reason i ask is because I experienced the IDENTICAL issue the other day. I have know idea where this seal spring came from ( Clutch is burnt ) is how I foud it.
    Any thought would be appreciated.