JMD

Jul 11, 2001
Let's get together at Muenster after Thanksgiving. I'll be there Friday and Saturday, maybe Sunday. I'd like to get the spot under the big tree at the bottom of the meadow, through the second gate. Realistically, though, it will probably be taken, so let's try to get as close as we can. I'll have my KTM flags up. Look for a really ugly two-tone brown 1983 Bronco with front end damage. And please don't ask to buy my Bronco. I'm sick of everybody trying to buy that car. I know you want it, but you can't have it. It's mine.

Anyway, the list so far:

jmd & Scott & wife--3--Fri. and Sat.
Dr. R and family (friends of jmd)--6---Fri.
Enduro Nut (and wife?)--2, Sat. and Sun.
AlanG--Fri., maybe Sat.?
the monk--Fri. and Sat.
TX246
Mudd Slinger--Fri.
evenslower--Fri.
cdcracing--maybe Friday, Saturday for sure
Jeffd--Fri.
Teeds--Fri. and maybe Sat.
Trailryder42 and friends, maybe

Last edited:

yzguy15

Sprayin tha game
N. Texas SP
Oct 27, 2000
Wish I could, but me and my girlfriend have tickets to the UT vs. A&M game in Austin on Friday after Thanksgiving. I will be up for a weekday ride sometime between Dec. 13 and Jan 14 during my Christmas break.

the_monk

Sep 1, 2004
I'll be there for at least one of the three days. Might be too out of shape for more than one day, but I'll definately try.

Maybe Friday and Sunday? This leaves Saturday for the annual "hang the Christmas lights" beating.

Enduro_Nut

~SPONSOR~
Feb 7, 2002
yzguy15 said:
Wish I could, but me and my girlfriend have tickets to the UT vs. A&M game in Austin on Friday after Thanksgiving. I will be up for a weekday ride sometime between Dec. 13 and Jan 14 during my Christmas break.

OUCH! Dissin' your biker brethren... Shame on you! :laugh:

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
Hey, 'Nut, I have you on the list as an attendee, assuming you're still going to be there. Is that right? You could bring all 19 of your motorycles, so I can rip the seat off all of them.

Mudd Slinger

N. Texas SP
May 5, 2004
Reasons to go riding and not hang the lights.

Count me in for at least one day. Monk, I have to hang the lights too. I refused last year because they were all going bad and she found an end of the year sale on lights. Maybe they will forget we have them. I can hide them in a different corner of the attic when they are not looking. They must be lost!! They were sold in the last garage sale! I have not seen them since last year! There is and electricity shortage (whoops - wrong state).

Give me some ideas guys. Reveal your deepest secrets. Reasons to go riding and not to hang the lights.

Enduro_Nut

~SPONSOR~
Feb 7, 2002
JMD said:
Hey, 'Nut, I have you on the list as an attendee, assuming you're still going to be there. Is that right? You could bring all 19 of your motorycles, so I can rip the seat off all of them.

You bet! Sat/Sun, I'm ready for a good ride.

Lights... I stopped when we moved to our current home... to much work!! :debil:

tx246

~SPONSOR~
May 8, 2001
THE NUMBER ONE REASON TO RIDE INSTEAD OF HANGING CHRISTMAS LIGHTS IS............................YOU MIGHT GET HURT :)

IF IM GONNA TAKE ON A RISKY ACTIVITY, IT HAD AT LEAST BE FUN :aj:

can you imagine falling off a ladder and getting put on the injured list because of some silly string of 1w light bulbs.

i just cant take that chance :laugh:

the_monk

Sep 1, 2004
Mudd Slinger said:
Reveal your deepest secrets. Reasons to go riding and not to hang the lights.

There are no good secrets. My wife's favorite holiday is Christmas, and I realized years ago that there is no way to fight it. I didn't hang the lights once in our old house, and I STILL haven't heard the end of it.

The risk of falling off the ladder and injuring myself (knock on wood) doesn't out weigh the risk of the 6 month long nagging and bitching. :)

In all honesty, I'm annoyed when I start, but about 15 minutes into it I start to enjoy it.

Now, 'bout this weekend at Muenster... It's rained off and on for like 3 days straight. With a pretty steady, drenching rain for the last 10-12 hours. Is anybody still up for the slop-fest that will be Muenster this weekend? There's supposed to be another day of rain. Some of the creeks out there will be pretty damn high if this continues...

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
Now, Monk, stop all that negative talk right now. You need to remember three things. First, Muenster soaks up a lot of water, very quickly. Even after three days of rain, if it's dry Friday, you're liable to have dust on Saturday. Second, Muenster has its own weather pattern. It can be raining in Gainesville and dry at the park. You just have to go up and take a look. And third, I don't care if it's underwater, I'm going riding this Saturday. So don't start scaring everybody away. LOL.

Trailryder42

Feb 6, 2000
A buddy and I were thinking of maybe coming down from Amarillo that weekend. I have been watching the weather and I tend to agree with Monk. I can ride wet sloppy conditions here if I wanted to.

Enduro_Nut

~SPONSOR~
Feb 7, 2002
JMD said:
Now, Monk, stop all that negative talk right now. You need to remember three things. First, Muenster soaks up a lot of water, very quickly. Even after three days of rain, if it's dry Friday, you're liable to have dust on Saturday. Second, Muenster has its own weather pattern. It can be raining in Gainesville and dry at the park. You just have to go up and take a look. And third, I don't care if it's underwater, I'm going riding this Saturday. So don't start scaring everybody away. LOL.

Well said!! It soaks up alot of water...far more than people realize!
Wish I could be there... I'm heading to Arkansas on Saturday to trade my '03 GasGas 300 for a '04 TE250 Husky... seems like people want a high end thumper.

Mudd Slinger

N. Texas SP
May 5, 2004
Rain just makes the sand at Munster fun to ride. It soaks up most of the water with the exception of a little mud here and there. I will not commit to a day until I find out about work and any hot jobs they might dream up at the last minute.

The Christmas lights will get done when they get done. Riding is my only stress relief from the corporate world (and an occasional visit to Dirt Rider). I was looking for a little off-the-wall humor from this group.

Please remember that most of the time I am not serious when I post something like above. :uh:

Last edited:

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
I don't know if this qualifies as off-the-wall, but: a Buddhist walks up to a hot dog stand and says, "Make me one with everything."

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
I might be there on Friday. I am already committed to be in West Texas at a cousins house on Saturday. My kids b-day is Friday, but I imagine we will get together on Turkey Day.

If I come I'll hang Friday night and leave out Saturday morning as I am just going farther west ...

Let me talk to the kids tomorrow.

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
Tomorrow, I probably won't get there until 9, leave about 9:30 or so. On Friday after Turkey Day, it just depends. But I won't be riding long loops, as I'll have a newbie or two with me, so I'll check back in every 50 minutes or so. Saturday, my friend is driving, but I'll put out a string of small KTM flags for identification.

the_monk

Sep 1, 2004
See ya at 9am! Are you parking through the locked gate, down the trail by the fence (as was described in another thread)?

I've got a red '99 Ford Ranger and a black KX.

If you folks do short loops next Friday, I might be able to make it on Sunday too!

See youse guys tomorrow morning.

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
Yeah, second gate, the locked one, down by the fence, under the big tree if I can get it. Somewhere around there if not.

Jim

evenslower

~SPONSOR~
N. Texas SP
Nov 7, 2001
Sounds like a party. I may have to head out there on Friday.

Gene, that shoulder gonna let you ride in the woods?

cdcracing

Jan 2, 2004
Sounds great ! :yeehaw: Ryan and me are planning on riding that day . Ain't forsure if I'll be camping out but I'm planning on riding Saturday . If my carb comes back from Halls Husqvarna i'll be there .

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
Monk, it was nice to meet you yesterday. By the afternoon, the traction was pretty nice out there, wasn't it? Should be perfect for those out there today. Next week, I'll set out my KTM flags again. Probably will have my old Bronco there, though maybe I'll have the new body parts installed by then so the front end won't look wrecked. Charlie, hope you can make it. The weather's supposed to be nice.

Top Bottom