the_monk

Sep 1, 2004
I had a good time. So far, that's probably the most I've ridden in one day. Pretty much straight through from 9:30 until around 3:30. Good day.

Looking forward to next weekend.

TreeTalker

May 8, 2004
Just a dumb question,

How big is this place you guys are riding? As in how many miles of trails or acres. I'm looking for a place to come ride once the weather here gets cold.

From the sound of some of the post sounds like this place is mostly sand, is this true? And one last question, where is this place located?

Thanks for any help, Lee

evenslower

~SPONSOR~
N. Texas SP
Nov 7, 2001
I wouldn't say mostly sand at all. There is plenty of it though. Its a good mix of sand, rocks, tight twisties, rocks, open flat areas, rocks, whatever. I think its about 2500 acres or so.

Here's a website that will tell you a little more CLICK HERE

jeffd

Naïve Texan
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2000
If'n I get all my parts back from SMS racing in time (I'm getting my suspenders worked over with fresh springs, valving, etc) then plan on seeing me up there on Friday. :)

-jeffd

Enduro_Nut

~SPONSOR~
Feb 7, 2002
jeffd said:
If'n I get all my parts back from SMS racing in time (I'm getting my suspenders worked over with fresh springs, valving, etc) then plan on seeing me up there on Friday. :)

-jeffd

Jeff - Tell Brian to hustle!! Can you come out Saturday or Sunday? It's been a long time...

I went yesterday, it was awesome! The trails were nice and slimy in some area while very tractable in others.

Mudd Slinger

N. Texas SP
May 5, 2004
Reading about the fun.

I want to go riding. I am reading about all the fun while I am sitting here working. I cannot wait until next weekend. I will not know until Wednesday which day I can be out there. I am shooting for Friday but will show up when I can.

the_monk

Sep 1, 2004
An emergency family trip to Chicago might mess up my plans for Thanksgiving and the weekend after.

I'll let y'all know for sure when it gets closer.

jeffd

Naïve Texan
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2000
So who will be out there Friday??

Roll call....

Beuller?
Beuller??

the_monk

Sep 1, 2004
I'm planning on being there Friday and Sunday. Don't know who'll be there on Sunday.

How 'bout a roll call for all Friday through Sunday?

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
I'm shooting for Friday.

Still trying to tie down my kids birthday gathering.

Weather looks good.

Friday:
Sunrise: 7:12 am UV Index: 3, Moderate Sunset: 5:22 pm
Moonrise: 5:11 pm Phase: Full Moonset: 7:06 am
Averages and Records for Nov 26

Times of sun and clouds. Highs in the low 60s and lows in the mid 40s.

61 °F 46 °F
16°C 7°C

Saturday:
Sunrise: 7:13 am UV Index: 3, Moderate Sunset: 5:22 pm
Moonrise: 5:53 pm Phase: Waning Gibbous Moonset: 8:06 am
Averages and Records for Nov 27

Times of sun and clouds. Highs in the low 60s and lows in the upper 40s.

62 °F 47 °F
16°C 8°C

Sunday:
Sunrise: 7:14 am UV Index: 3, Moderate Sunset: 5:21 pm
Moonrise: 6:40 pm Phase: Waning Gibbous Moonset: 9:03 am
Averages and Records for Nov 28

Showers possible. Highs in the upper 50s and lows in the upper 30s.

58 °F 39 °F
14°C 3°C

Is anyone planning on staying over Friday night? I have to go to Mineral Wells on Saturday. If people are hanging, I might also. I have my wok with me if people want to bring things to throw on it.

Somebody bug my son and get him to come up. I know you are reading the threads Jeff! :nener:

Last edited:

hlguthery

Dec 10, 2002
Hey guys wish I could make it but I will be doing Turkey day at the inlaws. Have fun... OH and Tony keep your pants on this trip. You and Jim can be so rude.

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
hlguthery said:
OH and Tony keep your pants on this trip. You and Jim can be so rude.

Without you it will not be the same :nener:
You bring out the best in all of us

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
Check the first post for the list, and when everyone hopes to show up. Gene, when are you coming out?

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
evenslower said:
Hey Teeds. What time you planning to head out there?

I'm shooting for a 8:30 ~ 9:00 AM arrival.
Second Gate, correct?
Is Ms. Harris going to be taking $$ or do we need the combo for the locks?

jeffd

Naïve Texan
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2000
Tony Eeds said:
Is Ms. Harris going to be taking $$ or do we need the combo for the locks?

Good question....

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
The website and the phone message say that the park is open Friday after Thanksgiving, so she'll be there. Whoever gets there first should try to get the spot under the big tree, in the big meadow through the second gate, down at the end of the road, on the right side. If that's taken, let's try to park in that same field somewhere, on the right side of the road. If anybody has questions, call my cell (214) 437-9187.

Mudd Slinger

N. Texas SP
May 5, 2004
No work this weekend! :yeehaw: I will be there Friday as early as I can drag myself out of bed. :ugg: I got some new Maxis tires so I have a Turkey Day job to do first. My slick isn't cutting it any longer. Anyone need a tire for drag racing?

Good Deal from Plano store.

cdcracing

Jan 2, 2004
I talked to Mrs Harris Monday and she said that se will be there Friday,Sat, and Sunday . I'll be there Friday and Saturday and maybe Sunday . Got my carb back from Halls Husqvarna and can't wait to see if it works better . JMD and Enduro-nut I'll see yall there . I'll bring some firewood .

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
the_monk said:
What time are folks getting there on Friday?

I'm shooting for 9:00 AM
Second Gate
Big Tree
White 4x4 4dr GMC Pickup

If I spend the night I will likely have a black box trailer in tow
If not, my KTM will be in the bed of the truck.

evenslower

~SPONSOR~
N. Texas SP
Nov 7, 2001
I'll be there Fri. around 9 as well. Blue Nissan CC with a pumpkin in the back.

Jim, I spoke to tx246 earlier this week. I think he's hoping to make it out on Sat.

the_monk

Sep 1, 2004
Unfortunately, I'm out. Gotta make the flight to Chicago on Friday morning, and I won't be able to return until Sunday afternoon. See ya next time!

jeffd

Naïve Texan
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2000
9 AM sounds about right for me too.

Be looking for a silver Ford F-150 Super Crew pulling a black utility trailer with a 2000 CR-250 on it.

I put my suspenders back on it last night. They are all done except for the fork springs. Brian ordered me some 42's, but they didn't come in. But he knew that I would want to go riding so he went ahead and got everything back together using my 44's that are in there now... He totally worked the fork and shock valving over for me though, so I am excited to try 'em out. :)

Anyone wanna hook up for breakfast???

Top Bottom