Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
evenslower said:
I could do breakfast. Denny's in Gainsville sound good?

Denny's is closed (unless they moved to another location). I could do breakfast as well. Anyone have any other suggestions?

Who is spending the night?

Oh, packed up, loaded up and hitched up and raring to go!

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
evenslower said:
How bout IHOP in L'ville, right off 35 on Main. Pick a time.

7:30 AM should allow us to eat and get on up to Muenster by 9:00ish.

See you there and anyone else that wants to join us.

corpblues

Jan 1, 2004
corpblues said:
I was thinking of heading up to muenster tomorrow. Anyone there today? How muddy is it there with all the recent rain?

Answered my own question. Had a great day riding today until I put my bike in about 3 feet of water. Anyone have good tips for drying out a bike?

Last edited:

evenslower

~SPONSOR~
N. Texas SP
Nov 7, 2001
That was fun. Cut a little short by a disappearing power valve adjuster cover nut thingamabob on the KTM but a good time. The more I ride the 200 the more I like it.

Yeah, it was a little wet in spots but not bad at all when you consider all of the rain we've had lately. Traction was uber good for the most part. River was the highest I've ever seen it and moving at a good clip too. I love that place.

Good seeing you Teeds and Jeff. We'll do it again soon.

jeffd

Naïve Texan
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2000
corpblues said:
Answered my own question. Had a great day riding today until I put my bike in about 3 feet of water. Anyone have good tips for drying out a bike?

Change your engine oil asap! I'd do it a couple of times to be certain.

Other than that, I suggest that you use the "permanent press" setting to dry it. You could also tumble dry on medium. :)

I hope that it isn't too bad...

Teeds, Evenslower, & Muddslinger - it was a good day for sure! Now I gotta go wash & dry my bike....

corpblues

Jan 1, 2004
jeffd said:
Change your engine oil asap! I'd do it a couple of times to be certain.

Other than that, I suggest that you use the "permanent press" setting to dry it. You could also tumble dry on medium. :)

I hope that it isn't too bad...

Teeds, Evenslower, & Muddslinger - it was a good day for sure! Now I gotta go wash & dry my bike....

Wish I had a picture of me standing there hip deep in water! The air box mod makes a great water inlet valve.

After putting the bike through the spin cycle all seems fine.

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Whew!

It was a great day of riding. Thanks to Jeffd, evenslower and Mudd Slinger for putting up with my sucky riding.

corpsblues - I think we found the same hole, but I managed to power out of it without sucking up enough water to kill my bike.

evenslower - Sorry about the power valve cover. I have thought about getting one to throw in my box of stuff and after seeing how quick it shut you down, I am going to get one.

Jeff - Do I drain the gas BEFORE putting the bike in the dryer? BTW - I have a gas dryer :yikes:

For those that didn't make it, Friday was PERFECT. The park was a bit crowded and there was the odd collection of bubbas on ATVs that rode down the creek drinking beer, but other than that it was fun. Not too many ocassions where we had to pass on coming folks and even the puddles were not too bad except for the spot that corpsblues and I found.

Jeff had to point out JMD. I would not have recognized him without his beard, but as soon as he laughed I knew who he was!

It was a great day with some great friends.
Thanks for the memories!

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
Corpblues--don't forget to take off the ignition cover and dry out your stator, or it will rust. Good luck.

jeffd

Naïve Texan
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2000
JMD said:
Corpblues--don't forget to take off the ignition cover and dry out your stator, or it will rust. Good luck.

This is true. Thanks Jim for reminding us all :)

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
I just remember Lorin at the MuensterFest last year working on his YZ for two days before Brian Storrie pulled the ignition cover and pointed to the rusty stator. I myself have never tried to turn my motorcycle into a submarine.

Mudd Slinger

N. Texas SP
May 5, 2004
I always thought the area behind the mag cover area was pretty much water proof. I learn something new everyday. Is there any worries about going through deep mupholes and not stalling out. I was deep in water and mud past the bottom (and maybe past the top) of the cases more than once Friday but never slowed down (Swamp Buggy maneuver).

I guess I will pull the Mag cover and take a look.

I had a good time Friday and met some more of the NT Smack Pack. I am starting to get the names down. It was great meeting some more people to ride with. Thanks for the pointers.

Loved that muddddddd.

Mudd Slinger

N. Texas SP
May 5, 2004
I started to look behind the mag cover by loosing the timing hole cover and the mag area appears to be part of the oil sump. I expected this area to be isolated from the oil sump. I looked in the manual and that appears to be the case on the 4-stroke Yamaha. You must be refering to a 2 stroke in the above message. I thought my old bikes were dry mags (points in that area). Things have changed and my antique brain is showing.

Last edited:

Grady

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 19, 2000
Yep, most all 4-strokes all have oil in the mag area, 2-strokes are dry, always check a 2-stroke mag after a major water crossing, I watched Lorin struggle with his also.

Sorry we missed this one, we were still eating Turkey down near Houston.

Will try for Sunday 12/5, as Brian has to work on Saturday :| , he's a working man now.

Top Bottom