fastbygaff

Oct 25, 2002
I just purchased a new never used vforce reed cage off of e-bay. It has no instructions.

I'm going to pull it apart tonight and install it. Question here is, is there any jetting issues involved?

Only mods I've made to the bike is fat bars and notoil air filter.

I installed team green's suggested jetting of one larger pilot and a richer needle. I realy don't like there suggestion due to it slobbers badly thru the pipe now.

If any one has tried the v-force on the KX I would like to hier about it. This is my first go around with the vforce system.

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Usually with that type of change they suggest going a little leaner on the main jet and sometimes dropping the needle one notch. If your pipe is stock, try just a slightly leaner main jet and go to about 1 1/2 on the air screw. These are just basic settings but you can go from there. I found that it spooged alot more if I mixed a heavier ratio of oil too.

HobRoff

Sep 10, 2003
Fast, from an earlier post: For what it's worth, I have an 02 kx250 -PC pipe and spark arrester, Boyesen Rad valve. I run maxima 927 40:1, 100 octane aviation gasoline, 160 main jet, 52 pilot, needle one clip leaner, air screw 1 1/4 turns out. In the middle of a top end rebuild - all componets look great. The bike runs clean and strong. Stock set up is really rich.

joereitman

Jul 2, 2003
HobRoff- where did you get your jets? I try to mail order as much as possible, but the jet charts on the net and on the team green site use different codes. For example, main jet is 92063-1370 on one site, 99101-357 on the other. Pilot is n424-21 on one site, 92064-1130 on the other. And all I can find on the NAFW needle I want is 16187-1163, which actually appears to be the stock NAFH #, not even sure if that is right. Any idea what the real deal is? Thanks in advance.

HobRoff

Sep 10, 2003
Joe, fortunatly I have a guy in this pretty small timber town who stocks all the Kehein and Mikuni jets. I'll run those part # with em and see how they check out and see what kinda price I can get. He is closed tomorrow so it'll be Tuesday sometime.

fastbygaff

Oct 25, 2002
Go to the buykawasaki.com site, you'll find all the answers there. I have the NAFW needle in my bike now with a larger pilot (what team green suggested). Have only ridden it a couple times with it in and don't have the jetting rite to tell you if it's good or not. I know it slobbers out the pipe like a pig.

HobRoff

Sep 10, 2003
Joe, no luck in town - the Kehin selection is pretty skimpy. Checked my local Kawie dealer and he ran the same # as the Kawasaki website. Jets are around $4.00 and needle is $17.00 and he has to order. I am going to get that NAFG, run the clip in the 2nd position and richen up the mixture to 36:1 and see how it goes.

HobRoff

Sep 10, 2003
Well, just took my carb apart and low and behold I am running a 48 pilot jet, decided to use the stock needle NAFF on the first clip position so besides these two settings I am running a 160 main, airscrew out 1 1/4, 40:1 maxima 927/AV gas, Boyesen Rad Valve, PC pipe and spark arrestor, sea level to 3k feet. Again Team Green's specs are too rich. Joe, saw your post on gearing -I am running 14/50 krause gearing, Ti-Moly rear sprocket and chain, supposed to last the rest of my life span, looking at going 13/50.

fastbygaff

Oct 25, 2002
I installed the team green suggested jetting after three tank fulls. I rode it for about two weeks on a MX track, wasn't that graet of a jetting deal. I then installed a notoil air filter to increase flow, still jetting stinks.

Well long story short I broke my ribs in October in a small wreck. Only rode once sence then and now I'm ready to get back in the satle.

I've read and watched all the post on set ups. What a person would invision as the set up to go with is about spot on with the different post I've read.

I'm installing the v-force now with stock needle stock pilot and a 160 main. I'll have to get some seat time to get the feel of what direction to go in next.

I thought the FMF narley pipe looked to be the pipe of choice for me. Why is it that alot of the KX riders are going with the PC pipe, just for graeter top end?

HobRoff

Sep 10, 2003
Well I went with the Pro-circuit cuz I got a deal, the FMF is supposed to be slightly better by the dyno charts but I read that the DEP pipe is really good, distributed by Pro Action suspension. I have my carb settings where I like them, seems to run well throughout my riding area and if I need to be a little richer or leaner I adjust my fuel mixture one way or the other. Good Luck

Top Bottom