SPD

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 20, 2001
A friend just got a helmet cam. Looking for a place or program to download so he can send us the video.
Nothing like watching yourself on a movie to see how bad you suck.

MX-727

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 4, 2000
Depends on the camera. If it is analog (tape) he will probably need something like the Dazzle (Best Buy or CompUSA has it) to hook the camera output to the computer. If the camera has USB or Firewire, he will should be able to hook it up directly, provided he has those ports. If the camera recorded to DVD directly, then put he needs a DVD drive on the computer.

As for software, Dazzle comes with software to import the file. Otherwise he should be able to use Windows Movie Maker or Windows Media Player. Both come with XP. If he wants more functionality, Adobe Premiere Elements is a good program and you can find it packaged with Adobe Photoshop Elements for around $99.

Anyway, he needs to save the file as a .wmv (most people can play this, there are other formats but this seems to be easiest for most to deal with) and send it out.

Dazzle Link

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
in case you are talking about transferring the file from his computer to yours...............there is a place called www.my5minutes.com that will host videos for free. he has to upload it then you and anyone else who would like to can download it. then theres always limewire, a free non, spyware file sharing program

my video on 5 minutes dot com had been downloaded 5500 times, but i named it so it would be found by all :)

Moto Squid

~SPONSOR~
Jul 22, 2002
using firewire is the best way to transfer (highest quality) If you're just sending stuff over the internet you'll kill the quality anyways so USB would work. My camera came with both USB and firewire cables...just had to get the firewire card for the comp. I believe you can capture video through windows movie maker.

FruDaddy

Aug 21, 2005
The WMV file format is great for windows users, but MPG or Quicktime are probably a bit more common right now. I would choose MPG.

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
SPD said:
A friend just got a helmet cam. Looking for a place or program to download so he can send us the video.
Nothing like watching yourself on a movie to see how bad you suck.

this is the original ???............ about sending a file, apparently too large for email

Top Bottom