What are your New Years Resolutions?

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
Well, with a new year comes new resolutions. I am dead set on sticking to mine this year, as I usually don't!

Here are mine:

• Walk the dog AT LEAST 4 times per week (for my benefit, and hers!)
  • Control my temper (I let it flare up excessively, and then stress myself out)
  • Get straight A's this semester
  • And most importantly: RIDE MORE THAN LAST YEAR! (Shouldn't be too hard!!!)

A little history on my resolutions:

Ever since moving back to Rhode Island from Iowa, my dog has been cooped up in our little apartment, stuck on a leash every time she wants to go outside. She's put on weight and her nails are getting way too long. So not only will she get out and get more exercise if I walk her, but it will save us the difficulty of trying to trim her nails. PLUS, I could really use the exercise myself. and we live in a really hilly neighborhood.

I've come to the conclusion, and Rooster has pointed out to me on numerous occasions, that I have a serious temper problem and I always let even the smallest things get to me, and I flip out. From now on I'm going to keep my cool and really think things through before flipping out.

I am going to the Community College of Rhode Island starting January 17th for an Associates in Business Management, with a specialization in Accounting. It is my goal to study my butt off and get straight A's, not only this semester, but all semesters.

And finally, last year I hardly got to ride and I had just purchased a 2005 TTR125. But, with the move from Iowa to Rhode Island and a wedding all in one year...it made it difficult to get out. Rooster and I have made it a point to make sure that, once the weather is cooperative, get out and ride AT LEAST once a weekend, if not more. :ride:

So...what are your New Years Resolutions?

Have a great 2006 everyone!!! :aj:

crazytrails

Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 25, 2005
I want to start racing some harescrambles this year.. kinda got out of it for a while because of some dumb decisions.. we will see how it goes i guess...Good luck with yours.

bsmith

Wise master of the mistic
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 28, 2001
#1 Have more Fun( Which means ride more and work less)
# 2 Be a better Father/Husband
# Get in shape :coocoo:

kdx200chick

Mar 27, 2004
1. Cook in more and eat out less...
2. walk the big hill by my house everyday....(even in the rain Grrrrr)
3. volunteer more this year than last
4. Lose 10 pounds

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
Admirable resolutions Squeaky. This part struck me as odd though....

squeaky said:
I'm going to keep my cool and really think things through before flipping out.

I guess it's important to have a clear picture of everything while flipping out :laugh:

Sorry to bust your chops I just couldn't resist, so please don't flip out on me. :rotfl:

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
Now for my serious post. In 2006 I resolve to:
  • Maintain my focus on improving my fitness.
  • Improve my photoshop skills.
  • Broaden my Photography skills by shooting something other than MX.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
Jamir said:
Mine is to stop making empty promises to myself.
I'm gonna do that too. I'm also gonna try and get into a shape other than round. And ride more. And get the boy out hunting.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Jamir said:
Mine is to stop making empty promises to myself.
"Thank yooooouuuuu, I'll be here all week!"

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
Thanks for pointing that out Chili... :laugh: I guess I should read my posts thoroughly and make sure they make sense, before posting!

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
squeaky said:
Thanks for pointing that out Chili... :laugh: I guess I should read my posts thoroughly and make sure they make sense, before posting!
This list grows... :)

Top Bottom