Hucker

~SPONSOR~
Sep 15, 2000
System Administrator, 100+ HPUX K boxes, 200+ Compaq Proliant Servers.

Somedays its quiet, somedays its absolutely insane....

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
Originally posted by Hucker
Somedays its quiet, somedays its absolutely insane....

That's pretty much how it is here . . . about 80% insane, 20% quiet.

taraker

Freedom Ain't Free
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
As little as possible for the maximum amount of pay.

Additionally, I have found that if you run around the office with a file in your hand asking for someone who is not there you can get promoted into executive management.:eek:

fatty_k

~SPONSOR~
Jul 3, 2001
Originally posted by Cam Mitchell
I work in the exciting world of @Home cable internet Tech Support:silly:

Oh, are you one of the guys my mom phones up when she cant figure somthing out with @home and refuses to let me fix it?

Fe_princess

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 7, 2001
I have done many things: Waitress, Motorcycle Messenger...I am currently working in the office of a Fabrication Shop and part-time at a Machine Shop here in San Francisco. It's fun to see cool things get made out of metal.

bbbom

~SPONSOR~
Aug 13, 1999
Have to agree with you there Fe_P, it is fun to see cool things made out of metal. We build bridges with it. I'm kinda partial to concrete though!!!

I'm an estimator for a Heavy Highway contractor. I used to run work for a contractor in the southwest building bridges, dams, canals, big waterlines in Southern Nevada and the 3rd Runway at Phoenix Sky Harbor (I put my boot print in the concrete at the end of Taxiway B ;)). Now I only have to live with a job for a month or so, except when the Project Managers come in and cry about what I left out - at least they have something to do!!! :)

I could use some coffee too XRScoocums. :confused:

gospeedracer

Chat Mom
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 8, 2000
Bean counter here. I'm the Staff Accountant for an internet company. I'm on my 4th assistant this year. Can you tell I love my job. :p

Karna&Justin

~SPONSOR~
Sep 27, 2001
I (Karna) am a Social Services Director for a Nursing/Rehabilitation
Center. Besides that, I am a new mom! (I still haven't figured
out which job is harder!)
My husband (Justin) is a Certified Helicopter Flight Instructor and an
Ex-Paramedic. He is also a new dad, although I am still always the one that
gets up at night when our son is crying...I guess what they say is true...A women's work is never done...or something to that affect!

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
registered land surveyor for a civil engineering and surveying firm. i get to see potentially good riding land turned into housing additions.

justql

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
I'm an Ass. Actually I'm an Assistant Principal in a high school. To do that you pretty much have to be the first three letters of the title.

Camstyn

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 3, 1999
Oh, are you one of the guys my mom phones up when she cant figure somthing out with @home and refuses to let me fix it?

Only the gnarly stuff that the Customer Service guys can't handle, I'm an overworked underpaid level-2 tech support cubicle monkey.
:scream:

Camstyn

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 3, 1999
Justql: If you but dirt biking pix up in the office the little turds might show a little respect. :eek: I used to HATE my A.P. If I knew he rode dirt bikes I probably would have thought he was kewl

NeedSpeed

Feb 16, 2001
Site Lead for my company at Bristol Myers Squibb...
Basically in charge of the Computer Techs and Manager of all that goes wrong....( heh heh )
It never seems to stop! ! !! !:scream:
At least it's FRIDAY ! ! ! !!

Top Bottom