nephron

Dr. Feel Good
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 15, 2001
I come back here after being 'out of commission' since Saturday night, lol--this is the first post I see.

I went riding ALONE ( :silly: --I knew better) Saturday night, before coming home from a bad day at work. Ended up unconscious in a cornfield--and until now, haven't been able to walk straight, let alone post.

Lorin

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 25, 1999
A small group of us rode Stillwater about 3 weeks ago. I spent the last two weeks on vacation (out of state), but have tenative plans to ride the mx practice this thursday at 59th, and I hope to ride this weekend as well.

DWreck

~SPONSOR~
Apr 14, 2002
Originally posted by Lorin
A small group of us rode Stillwater about 3 weeks ago.

Yep, since then I have been working on my bike, waiting for parts and generally falling apart. Quit riding for a couple of weeks and my whole body revolts. I have been having back problems for almost a week now and taking muscle relaxers for it. It is starting to feel better and now today something popped in the knee that I have had my two surgeries on and it is swollen up. Must know its my birthday. If I ever get healed up I plan on going to Motorcycle Raceway to do a practice. Maybe next week?

OKKX'er

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 10, 2001
WE MELTED! I tried riding on July 4th last year. Reminded me why I never ride in the summer. When there are 8 good months coming, I can be patient and work on the bikes. Plus, I have the opportunity to spend time with my family, guaranteeing She will be ready for me to get out of the house on Sundays come Fall.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Just a four letter word that has kept me from riding, WORK!

tdjok

~SPONSOR~
Feb 16, 2003
I've been waiting for someone to turn the AC on. Have ridden the 500 a couple times the last few weeks, but man it was hot!!

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
Originally posted by BSWIFT
Just a four letter word that has kept me from riding, WORK!

i thought it was going to be WIFE. :eek:

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Originally posted by mx547

i thought it was going to be WIFE. :eek:

Same difference! :scream:

motox757

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 14, 2001
Well, I have been riding. Made the ExtremeWorld Tuesday practice the past three weeks. Did the night time nationals at 59th and douglas, then went to the Arenacross at Stillwater (Tumbleweeds) to help a friend out. I just haven't been posting much here at DRN, mostly over at MD.

Jay, did you get my email reply about Kendall being in the Pryor newspaper? I think I told you what I was up to... ...I think...

BTW, I think Jason and Derek have opened up their shop in BA. Have you heard anything about that?

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
Originally posted by motox757

BTW, I think Jason and Derek have opened up their shop in BA. Have you heard anything about that?

i haven't heard anything. i hope it works out for them.

have you raced at xtremeworld yet? kendall has raced there several times and really likes it. i'll be out of town this weekend (going to kc to see neil young and crazy horse :thumb: ) but kendall may go race xtremeworld with some friends.

justql

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
I wondered what happened to everyone myself. The last month has been a blur, moving, remoldeling a house. Got the 80 acres bought. We have finally got the furniture moved in and are somewhat settled. I also started work. I am already tired of cracking the whip. The poor people really think I'm a mean bastage...I am also bikeless.....the guy that I sold the Gasser to contacted me to see if I knew anyone interested.....he said he'll make them a great deal....I figure he'll sell the bike for under 2000.......heck of a deal for a 2001.

craig_enid

Mar 23, 2000
Gee, lots of '01 GG 300s out there, available.... hmmmm...

Well the wife and I will be riding tomorrow morning, in OKC.
There's a BICYCLE ride in Bethany, fundraising for the Childrens Home, there.
We're gonna early rise and hopefully get 25 miles in before it gets too hot...

I've got an EFM auto clutch ordered for the KDX, will be needing to ride as soon as it arrives and is installed. :)

Couple of weeks, I'll be riding no matter how hot it is!

motox757

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 14, 2001
Originally posted by mx547
have you raced at xtremeworld yet? kendall has raced there several times and really likes it. i'll be out of town this weekend (going to kc to see neil young and crazy horse :thumb: ) but kendall may go race xtremeworld with some friends.

No racing at xtremeworld for me. Just doing the practice sessions...

Neil Young eh? "...a southern man don't need him around anyhow..."

Lynyrd Skynyrd
Sweet Home Alabama
(ed king - ronnie vanzant - gary rossington)

Big wheels keep on turning
Carry me home to see my kin
Singing songs about the southland
I miss alabama once again
And i think its a sin, yes

Well i heard mister young sing about her
Well, i heard ole neil put her down
Well, i hope neil young will remember
A southern man don't need him around anyhow

Sweet home alabama
Where the skies are so blue
Sweet home alabama
Lord, i'm coming home to you

In birmingham they love the governor
Now we all did what we could do
Now watergate does not bother me
Does your conscience bother you?
Tell the truth

Sweet home alabama
Sweet home alabama
Here i come alabama

Now muscle shoals has got the swampers
And they've been known to pick a song or two
Lord they get me off so much
They pick me up when i'm feeling blue
Now how about you?

Sweet home alabama
Sweet home alabama

Sweet home alabama
Oh sweet home baby
And the governor's true
Sweet home alabama
Lordy
Yea, yea montgomery's got the answer

nephron

Dr. Feel Good
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 15, 2001
Hope you're OK. How's the ankle?

Everything's fine, Susan. How are you? Have you been practicing at Plains much? With my luck lately, I probably ought to take the time, drive down there once every few weeks, and ride a real track where all the obstacles can be clearly seen--that's how I went down. Didn't see something coming, and wasn't paying attention. Just the kind of riding on a 500 with whiskey throttle that gets you in trouble.

srellis

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 25, 2002
We went out this last Wednesday night and I was able to ride a CR125. It is set up for a young boy that weighs about the same as I do. I did about three laps and decided I needed one!!!

I spent all day yesterday driving around test riding used 125's. The one I rode Wednesday was an 03 model and was really nice. I rode an 02 RM, an 01 KX and borrowed an 01 CR.

The RM felt the best but the pilot jet had fallen out of the carb. Maybe that's why I didn't feel too overwhelmed on it, no power!!! The KX is the nicest, it has only been ridden less than 10 times total... The CR I brought home has been through the wringer but it is also the least expensive by far. I'm going to ride it for a few days around the farm to see how I like it. I still want to track down a WR250 and try it.

After riding the CR on Wednesday going back to my bike was like going from a 10 speed to a tricycle... :eek:

I'll have to find a bolt on kickstand so I can continue with my motherly duties of picking up downed 60 riders.... :confused:

justql

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
craig- let me know when you get the clutch. I'd love to ride a bike with one. Heck I'd be happy to come down for a ride even if you don't have a clutchless bike.

craig_enid

Mar 23, 2000
How about Saturday AM? Found a new guy here, just got an '87 KX250, wants to see the 500. What say we meet there, even if he isn't able to make it? I'll hold off on sending the basket in, to have 2 bikes.

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
Originally posted by craig_enid
Well the wife and I will be riding tomorrow morning, in OKC.
There's a BICYCLE ride in Bethany, fundraising for the Childrens Home, there.
We're gonna early rise and hopefully get 25 miles in before it gets too hot...

i used to do alot of those types of rides. i always did them on a mountain bike. i had some road tires i would put on before the ride. usually i did 25 miles, sometimes i did 50. occasionally, i would pull one of my kids in a trailer. it was fun. my kids are too big now and my leg doesn't work very good. i miss it.

justql

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
My wife vetoed my riding.......this house still requires some work. I believe it is in my best interest to do NOTHING else other than the house till it's done. Hopefully this weekend will get the upstairs closet done and the living room papered and painted. That might get me a kitchen pass. The job is requiring 13-14 hours a day now as well. But I do actually love it here. If I could just have eight days in a week it'd be great... ;)

DWreck

~SPONSOR~
Apr 14, 2002
I'm up for Saturday. This is my weekend to work so I am not sure when I will be there......maybe around 9:30. Don't wait for me I'll find you.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Dwreck, do you think the 500 will be dusty or did you guys get some rain this week?

Top Bottom