What's this? Why, it's TRUCKER WEDNESDAY!!

BadgerMan

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2001
"Yarrr! I hates when ye landlubbers be b-a-s-t-ardizing me Vernacular!"

It's not a vernacular........it's a derby!

nephron

Dr. Feel Good
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 15, 2001
Don't forget 10-20: location.

Motorola hand-helds on the farm from 1st grade through high school. 'CB' in the cab of an IH cabover w/350 Cummins all day long. I used to like to listen to it, more than contribute. Some pretty cool stuff. I missed a turn in Limon, Co. that was supposed to divert me through town and away from the weigh station, but I hit the weigh station instead @ 16 years of age, cut-off wrestling shirt, 501's and Redwings with a red rag in the back pocket and a big 'ol dip in my mouth. :yikes: The truck was overloaded--had 3 pickups on a flatbed, with the last pickup hanging off the beavertail, rear wheels 6 inches off the ground. Had no insurance card. Had no registration card. Had no driver's license, except for farm restriction. :ohmy:

You know what happens to a polite 16y/o with an illegal load and no license in a 15 speed truck, with no registration, license or insurance? Nothing. I spent about 6 hours in jail until the responsible Trooper came from a Bennett, Colorado dinner (for Troopers---none left in the immediate area for that reason), took one look at me, shook his head, told me he'd kick my ass if I drove 1mph over the limit, and sent me off. He said there were too many charges, and that he lived near Denver, and he'd have to come to court in Limon....so he said 'get the f*** out of here. Honest truth.

Offroadr

Ready to bang some trees!
Jan 4, 2000
dales298 said:
As another former over the road driver, I must say that you guys watch too much TV.

I just drove through Georgia, Tennessee, and Kentucky yesterday in my RV. Occasionally we would turn on the CB. Thats the real world :|

A total waste of airspace most of the time. If you don't talk with a southern drawl and CB lingo you don't fit!

Oh yea, theres a couple Evel Kneviel's taking pictures at the 52!!

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
Breaker one-nine, anyone there?
come on back, truckers
talk to Preddy bear . . .

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
Breaker One-Nine Preddy Bear, you got Shirley Toolshed here, come on back?

I found a cool link on how to make a trucker hat out of garbage. But it has some bad words in it, so I'll just email it instead of posting, copy that?

JPIVEY

Sponsoring Member<br>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 9, 2001
Hmmmmmmm..........mayday, may......uhhh.....nah....that's not it.......hmmmm, pan-pan, pan.......hmmmmmmm.....nope, wrong again......Arrrrrrrrrr,screw it, I be hail'n ya on Tuesdays

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
JPIVEY said:
Hmmmmmmm..........mayday, may......uhhh.....nah....that's not it.......hmmmm, pan-pan, pan.......hmmmmmmm.....nope, wrong again......Arrrrrrrrrr,screw it, I be hail'n ya on Tuesdays

I'm with you, JPIVEY, I feel more at home in the Pirate thread. :(

Arrrrrrrr. ;)

Top Bottom