a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Sounds good. I'm up for a track ride mid week or maybe a weekend ride in a few weeks. I'll even try that damn Miller Canyon death ride again!! Let me know
Elk

thumbs

Tony 'da Rat
Oct 16, 2000
OK, I'm back from Reno and still in one piece.

I'll be at El Mirage Dry Lake this weekend for our club enduro. Plan on arriving around noonish for an afternoon ride and camping for the night. Sunday morning is the Sweet Heart Enduro, key time is 9:00am.

Come one, come all..................................any takers?

longtime

Oct 7, 1999
Okay, since I'm back (not just from Reno, but more generally), I've now got the have-to-ride bug. So since I'm off to LAUGHLIN this weekend for other reasons, I thought maybe I'd throw my bike in the truck and get a ride in on FRIDAY. Any takers?

I'm placing in "Places to Ride" forum.

the Eel

~SPONSOR~
Sep 23, 2000
Thumbsy - I'll see you at El Mirage on Saturday.

So what's the scoop on the Reno trip ? We need reports !

Tee

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 11, 2001
I'd like to do Miller Canyon again minus the 99 dg heat.

Reno was awesome again. Weather was perfect with no dust.
There's a whole thread of ride reports in the Reno Ride section.

T

JWW

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 13, 2000
Im up for Miller Canyon.... The only day I cant do is March 1st. We have a  auditing company coming out to do inventory. It might even run into Sunday.

kelsorat

Knucklehead Newbie
Nov 5, 2001
I'm racing my old Maico in my club's vintage race on March 9th, so I would'nt be able to do 3-8

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
what about this midweek track ride next week carlo?

from what i hear, Elsinore is essentially a lake right now. any other suggestions, GH is too far for me on a mid week ride with the traffic. this leaves............???? sugestions on a postcard please!

JWW

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 13, 2000
Wish I could join you Bruce but its to busy at work.

How about Sunday the 2nd for Miller Canyon?

Tree

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 26, 2000
I'd be in for a Miller Canyon ride.

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Miller canyon sounds good.

Hey Carlo. Bring some water. :scream:

JWW

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 13, 2000
Holy crap 89'r... I just got back from your area. My friend works for a paging company and we went up to the telecommunication towers at Santiago Peak.   They have graded alot of the mountains out there. What are they doing? Will this be the end of your rides?  I would have stopped by to say hello but Im not sure which house is yours. I have only been to the station.

Last edited:

Boodac

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2001
89er lives in the cardboard box behind the station. JK Man what Id give to do the Miller ride again. You guys couldnt ask for better weather. Make sure you put an IV with a water drip in Elks veins before you head out.

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Bood.

Don't live in the cardboard box anymore. Someone dumped a bunch of plywood it the valley a few weeks ago, so we used it to upgrade the house. If they dump some more, we may even add a second story. :laugh:

Jeff.

Pretty scary huh?? :scream: We have 550 new homes going in that area. Some of the best riding in this area is gone. :( We still have acess to the forest and all of the trails on the East side of the freeway.

There were many awesome trails back in that canyon that many of you never saw. We as a neighborhood, have been in a three year battle with the developer. He was going to come in and mow us down. They were going to cut out our horse trails and deny us acess to the forest road. There were many more problems with the development but we managed to make them change much of it to be more compatable with the properties in the area.

This is the reason that I have been out of the picture for a while. We have been attending many meetings and have been very involved with this project.

The canyon that they devistated for the homes was the home for many species of plants and animals. Also, there were Indian petrogliphs (sp) and mixing bowls back there . All the things that keep us out of an area were there. Now, it has all been bulldozed. If anyone ever tells you that the County of Riverside Supervisors care about anything but money. Tell them they are full of crap. :|

On the up side, we have been busy cutting new trails around the development so, we will still have some trails on this side of the freeway.

longtime

Oct 7, 1999
89r -- same, same old story. Nobody wants to confront the real threat to "the enviroment" -- grading and paving!!!! -- so they instead pretend like they're really doing something important when they stop access to a trail. When I grew up in Irvine, we had deer, bobcats, mountain lions, coyotes, hawks, eagles, etc., etc, etc, . . . when do you think is the last time any of the above were seen anywhere in Irvine? Oh yeah -- we used to ride, believe it or not, all through Irvine, and I don't exactly think that that's what spelled an end to the critters. :mad:

scar tissue

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 27, 2000
I'll be out at the enduro Sun AM. I plan on getting there around 3Pm on Sat and riding - camping before the race.

Sun the 2nd is perfect for miller canyon. I'll be there also.

Sundays work alot better for me as little league has just started up and runs every Sat until Mid June.

I got some excellent snowmobiling time in up at Mammoth last weekend. I through 2 pics in the photo section. :thumb:

Thats me leadng the crew flying the steelers colors.

Attachments

• pic13487.jpg
    pic13487.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 209

the Eel

~SPONSOR~
Sep 23, 2000
Looks like fun !

I'll see you out there at El Mirage on Saturday ... probably early afternoonish.

Glad you're comin' out ... it was a nice surprise last time but of course it's more fun if you're riding instead of tending to the little guys !

placelast

Apr 11, 2001
The only SCWC member I've met is placelast and he seemed ok - for an old guy.:laugh: [/B]

"OK", eh? Lol.

Alright; I'll teecha sum ah da enduro tricks, but ya better hurry: my memory's faden.

BTW: my wheelchair will be as fast as 'ol99er's someday; you just watch...

Top Bottom