oldandslo

Aug 29, 2001
From Miller Canyon staging area to Pinnacles is fireroads. Between Pinnacles and Deep Creek is where the trails are. The fireroad is easy riding. If yougo up to Pilot Rock or Ridge there are some 4wd spurs that are a challenging for me. But, thats doesn't make them tough.

If the snow is gone its a fun area to ride. Last winter I went past Deep Creek. There was maybe 1/2 an inc of snow at Ball Buster hill. I think I made it 10 feet up when I fell. It was not fun for me in the snow. I have a hard enuf time when the ground is dry.

It was pouring down rain this morning when I mentioned the desert. I thought it was another big storm. We need KTMboy to look out his back door and let us know where the snow level is at. Most of the snow should melt by Sunday making for some good riding up there. Not near as hot as last time. So heat strokes won't be a problem.

scar tissue

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 27, 2000
Here's a shot of Deep creek for you. You will see Highly modified jeeps that climb boulders up here. There are harder trails and esier trails. Ususally we ride from Miller Canyon to part way up Malcolm Smith trail. It's not real tight eastern woods but there are plenty of boulders and trees to hit.

Attachments

• deep creek 3.jpg
    deep creek 3.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 128

scar tissue

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 27, 2000
Here's another

Attachments

• klx climbing @ deep creek.jpg
    klx climbing @ deep creek.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 131

scar tissue

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 27, 2000
These should give you an idea of the terrrain

Attachments

• kmrexj~1 copy.jpg
    kmrexj~1 copy.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 125

YZandrew

~SPONSOR~
Jun 20, 2001
I hate that part! The water crossing itself isn't so bad, but I always struggle getting through those rocks. Who put all those rocks there anyways? What a dumb place to put them, right on the trail. ;)

scar tissue

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 27, 2000
I just wish they send the water truck through in the AM to keep the dust down during the summer. :laugh:

Someday maybe they'll pave it for us :uh: Dare to dream :moon:

RBW

Jun 16, 2000
Thats what I'm talkin about! That looks like awsome riding to me.I don't get a hall pass very often so I need to make sure the riding will be epic.From where I live I would access the area from the back side. Via the north side of the mountain on pearblossom highway. I think I can get there from that route.I don't think this is the best weekend for that area.I agree with the guy who suggested the desert.

RBW

Tree

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 26, 2000
Ocotillo??

Boodac

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2001
High deserts looking real good about now. The rain has pretty well drenched the area so dust should not be an issue. Of course the Miller Trail is definately a fun ride and shouldnt be passed on unless you have a fobia for snow. Either way dress warm, its in the upper 50s during the day in the high desert. I would imagine Miller's going to be colder. Either way, have fun (jealous as hell)

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
So what's the word, we doing Miller Canyon or what? Let's set this in bytes so I can start loading the appropriate gear (skis, snowboard, sled) :yeehaw: I'm in for Sunday but I'd rather go to Miller Canyon, there's some unfinished business I need to attend to up there!;)

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Originally posted by a454elk
I'd rather go to Miller Canyon, there's some unfinished business I need to attend to up there!;)

:eek: BUUWWWWAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! :) Oops, excuse me. There was just something funny about that statement. :laugh: :laugh:

Looks like I may not make it this weekend. My wife and I have some friends that will be in town and we are going to meet up with them.

If we do a Corona ride during the week, what day would be best for you guys?

Ol'89r

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
I'm thinking Mon-Fri would work!:);)

Pvt Joker

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 29, 2002
So, where do we go Sunday? I'm good with just about anywhere, I've got scores to settle everywhere.

For Corona? Just about any day but Monday works for me. The later in the week, the better. I'll just need a little notice to take the day off.

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Let's do Miller Canyon, 0800 at Micky D's 138/15 ;)

JWW

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 13, 2000
If all goes well Saturday I will be there.

Lets see..... for 8am arrival at McD's I need to wake up by 7:30. I finally get to sleep in. :yeehaw:

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
All will go just fine, get your butt to Mickey D's! It's set, now let's get a count...

1) Elk

holeshot

Crazy Russian
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 25, 2000
If you go to Miller Canyon, we'll be hearing about how Elk almost froze to death in the icy mud. I'm in for the high desert Sat. (should still be wet) but I'll just sit nice and cosy at home while just reading about the second Miller Canyon death ride. It should be worth it :laugh:

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
:moon::moon:!!!

Top Bottom