2_stroker

Apr 28, 2006
alright, i am 6' 200 lbs and looking for a 450 4stroke. there are two dealerships near me with two 450s, an rms450 and a crf450r both look really nice , the rmz has a complete overhaul and a polished frame, the crf has white plastics with an unbound energy graphics kit. both are for 3,699. im wondering what would be an all around better bike, or your opinions are on either

defo26

Apr 23, 2007
depends on what year. Honda had some valve problems back in 04. If its newer than an 04 get the honda because suzuki isnt as powerful as a honda 450 and hondas handle way better. I know this from racing my cousins 2006 rmz450 and my friends 06 crf450.

In my opinion definately go with the Honda.

Last edited:

450X

Test It!!!
Mar 25, 2007
i would still get the honda they may have had some valve problems in pre 04 but i ride with a guy that has an 03 crf450r and rides it very very hard, he takes care of it maintenance wise but is tough on it, and he hasn't touched the internals yet!! :ohmy: it is getting tired but it just shows that with proper care anything can last longer than expected. :ride:

flynbryan

~SPONSOR~
May 22, 2000
I have spent a pretty good amount of time on the 07' Rmz450 and thought the gearing would be an issue...... It certianly was not. Its amazing how wide each gear is and the motor has no problem pulling the gears. To me it was no problem on the track and my friend trail rides it. He said he feels no disadvantage to the 4 speed in the woods either. Unless the internal ratios are different from year to year I'd say go for the Rmz. ;)

Top Bottom