2_stroker

Apr 28, 2006
alright, i am 6' and 200 lbs and i am looking at a four stroke. i am debating between a 2005 crf250r for $2,999, with a high comp piston and stage one cam with fresh top end and bottom end. OR a 2005 crf450r for $3,199. i dont know which bike would better suit me for riding, i have my own track but will not be racing for Comp. i need feedback on the two and any opinions, thanks :bang:

Timmay#678

Aug 29, 2007
Before we can give you feedback on the bikes, we need feedback off you! fill out the stickey on the top of the page, What dirt bike experiance do you have? If its none, definately forget about the 450, the 250f will be plenty powerful, even consider a 125 2smoke. That 250f sounds good, top and bottom end rebuild being the key point. Unless you're a top rider you probably wont be able to use the power increase with the cam or high comp piston (but it'll be a bit harder to start!).

FaceSlide

Feb 27, 2008
go crf250r its got torque so you can be fast but atleast you wont kill yourself. a 450 even for that level of experiance you have will Buck you off or get rapped around a tree.

But its not up to us its up to you.

But if you get the crf250r you will have some left over cash to work on it.

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
You've ridden a 450, did it feel like too much bike? The 250f is like a fresh 125 with a whole lot more bottom end. Don't let the mods on the 250 scare you, the only reason it would be any harder to start is if they never jetted the bike correctly. Like fuzz says, a used 4t can be a gamble. I would feel much better knowing the work was done by a reputable shop. The prices do seem a bit high. Considering the 250 already needed bottom end work, it's probly got alot of hrs on it. Just be cautious. Good luck!

Top Bottom