SZKIRM125

Jun 10, 2010
How many of you guys want the 2-Stroke class to come back to AMA racing? I miss the 2-Strokes and remember when they raced them.

BJames

Jun 16, 2010
I do! As long as I can remember being a kid, watching motocross, dreaming of riding an MX bike, I dreamed of having a two stroke MX bike. My folks didn't have much money, so I was stuck with old honda trail bikes. I still had fun on them for sure, but it was no YZ80 like I really wanted...

Anyway, now that I'm in my 30's, I have a 2000 kx250. Honestly, riding it takes me back to being a kid...I love the feeling.

Bring the Two Smokes Back!!!

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Given the level of control that the Japanese OEMs exert over the AMA Pro class structure it seems about as likely as a Steam Engine class.

haleson_barleylands_2004.jpg

SHSPVR

Oct 24, 2006
IndyMX said:
And just as soon as the next big thing comes along, everyone will wish the old four strokes were back...
Oh let see the next big thing to comes along is a ultimate high performance all-electric dirtbike with 2-stroke sound so I guset we all have to wait 5/10 more years for that to all happen.
To me it not the Motorcycle industry or AMA and FIM that the problem it more likey the push for green technologies and they all have to deal with some form Government regulations or EPA regulations.
If you take a look as each year has gone by you see there are less and less Snowmobile, Motorcycle, Motorscooter, ATV, Watercraft in form of 2-Stroke model.
Look at what happing to 2-stroke diesel engine you don't see them "Screamin Jimmy" around any more.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
You don't see as many lager dinosaurs roaming around as we did a few million years ago either. Evolve or die I guess.

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
i just want to know what makes the heat for that steam bike??

julien_d

Oct 28, 2008
Why in the hell does everyone feel the need to bring up emissions and "green" when talking about 2 strokes? First of all, the 2 stroke is hardly any more "dirty" than a 4 stroke bike, and considerably less so than an automobile. DI two strokes on sleds and boats are every bit as clean as their 4t counterparts. Even more importantly, EPA has absolutely NO control over closed course vehicles. Yes, this includes MX bikes! At any rate, any emissions concerns are easily overcome with the technology we already have on hand. It just takes someone utilizing existing technology on two stroke dirt bike engines.

Emissions has NOTHING at all to do with the 4 stroke movement. It is 100% marketing and financial.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
IndyMX said:
And just as soon as the next big thing comes along, everyone will wish the old four strokes were back...

It might be a lot sooner than people think.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hDF2EMjir2k&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xd0d0d0&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hDF2EMjir2k&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xd0d0d0&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

http://www.egrandprix.com/

Untitled-1.jpg

Last edited:

saqmuel

Jun 23, 2010
yes i really hope it comes back

Dirtdigger04

Jan 25, 2010
Im on the number 1 list for 2 strokes to come back. It sucks that only Yamaha and KTM are continuing these 2 strokes, and everyone else quit. When this new Direct Injection comes out, the arms are gonna fall out of my sockets, man!!!

GO 2 STROKES!!!!

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Dirtdigger04 said:
Im on the number 1 list for 2 strokes to come back.
Then go buy a million or so. The bikes are available! Many are doing the same as you, myself included. Well, except for being a tad over zealous? This very thread is example enough, there are many, many more from the beginning on here. The technology existed some time ago, its arguably cheaper all the way around, and it has more hp to cc advantage in the dirt. The amateur ranks dropped the handi cap advantage some time ago, and still no flood of 2 strokes? The very few who can win contingency money has made the difference? I do not believe so. If I was 16 or so and going for a sponsorship, I would be laying plans and cash for my 2011 new 4 stroke, or 2 of them. Of all the new mx-f's sold, not that many ever make it to the track. Where did all the rest go? I do not have them! Those are the people who made the difference? Vintage Bob, with all smoker toys, when they are cold and running bean oil anyways!

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
whenfoxforks-ruled said:
Of all the new mx-f's sold, not that many ever make it to the track. Where did all the rest go? I do not have them! Those are the people who made the difference? Vintage Bob, with all smoker toys, when they are cold and running bean oil anyways!

Sorry guys, it's my fault....... :moon: :nener:

Someone

Mar 12, 2001
I rode my 05 YZ 250 yesterday, 2nd time this year, I have health issues where I cannot ride 2-3 times a week like I used to. Now I am almost 40lbs lighter than last year, and it's like putting nitro on my 2 stroke with the weight loss. My bike is SO BADASS that I will never sell it. I can't imagine weighing 160lbs and riding my bike. I weigh 230lbs now and it's like a pissed off rocket. Perfect power delivery, with a completely linear power band.

I love 4 strokes for their few advantages, but you can't match the power of a smaller bore 2 stroke, bottom line. My 2 stroke lugs around just fine in 3rd gear just like a 4 stroke. I have the stock clutch and it shows no sign of wear. The 05 YZ 250 is the best dirt bike I have ever owned. It's almost completely stock outside of having the suspension done for my weight.

2 strokes will always rule.

scottiedawg66

Sep 26, 2006
for recreation I love my two strokes, on the trails / woods 2 strokes are just more fun for advanced riders. Beginners always love the 4 strokes for obvious reasons. Now that they have changed the rules in my local racing club I will likely be running a 250 smoker in the 250 class (which is dominated by 4 strokes including my own 4 stroke, for now) Will be interesting to see how that goes.

of my 5 dirtbikes 1 is a four stroke

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Someone said:
I rode my 05 YZ 250 yesterday, 2nd time this year, I have health issues where I cannot ride 2-3 times a week like I used to. Now I am almost 40lbs lighter than last year, and it's like putting nitro on my 2 stroke with the weight loss. My bike is SO BADASS that I will never sell it. I can't imagine weighing 160lbs and riding my bike. I weigh 230lbs now and it's like a pissed off rocket. Perfect power delivery, with a completely linear power band.

I love 4 strokes for their few advantages, but you can't match the power of a smaller bore 2 stroke, bottom line. My 2 stroke lugs around just fine in 3rd gear just like a 4 stroke. I have the stock clutch and it shows no sign of wear. The 05 YZ 250 is the best dirt bike I have ever owned. It's almost completely stock outside of having the suspension done for my weight.

2 strokes will always rule.
Man, if I only weighed 160 lbs.! I haven't made it over 150 and I"m 48! My 05 YZ 250 is the best I've owned. It's unlikely the 2 stroke as we know it will make a come back. The manufacturers don't care about costs to the consumer because that is profit for them.
I miss the sound of SX 2 strokes going thru the whoops. The angry sound was awesome.
And I'm a professional comediene.:rolleyes:

Top Bottom