nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Heres one of our little buddies on his SX 85. He's 10, a past District 17 champ, and been to the LL Nationals, too. He also currently races a KTM 65. He's had a YZ 85 and RM 85, but they say the KTM 85 is no compairison and blows the other 85's away. The KTM has tons of power and will pull around just about anyone in 3rd gear (his dad thinks the bike is a blast). It is a little taller than the YZ, too.

Attachments

• megax 4-26-03 031s.jpg
    megax 4-26-03 031s.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 236

ktmdad

Feb 29, 2000
How's the seat height compared to the RM85? We're debating on either sticking with the RM85 due to the offroad contingency and/or getting the KTM85 for strictly mx.

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Originally posted by ktmdad
How's the seat height compared to the RM85?

Good questions... I'll ask them the next time we see em... but he started on a RM 85 last year and it was too tall for him. Then they went to the YZ 85 and he fit it much better. Now he's a little small on the KTM again but should grow into it this year. So I would assume the RM and KTM are pretty similar size wise.

KenR

Feb 20, 2002
Couldn't give you a comparison between the KTM and CR as our rider hasn't been on the Honda. If we have a chance to compare, I'll let you know.

willtygart

May 10, 2003
KTM dad, go for the KTM!!! We ran the RM85 as well and while I think the Rm has a truly magical motor......once your son gets on the KTM he will start bad mouthing the RM like there's no tomorrow! I think the only thing the RM does better is WAY down low and the shifting on the RM is truly amazing. Other then that, there isn't a mini made that comes close to the KTM......whe they mass produce the 85 I bet 50% of the mini class will go to KTM..its that good! The amount of money you would have to put in any other mini to come up with an equal package would come close to 2k. It really is a great bike and if the magazines have half a brain they will award the KTM85 bike of the year for all sizes.

Top Bottom