junkjeeps

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2001
Bought a "bolt-on" Magura hydraulic clutch kit from these guys (XR's Only) about 1 month ago. Got it a week later with no mounting bracket, unreadable xeroxed installation instructions for a 400EX 4 wheeler, and a note with the tech guy at Magura's phone #. Called XR's to talk about it. First guy tells me you don't need one, it fits the stock bracket. I tell him no way it won't work. I tried it already and it's not even close. So I call Magura. Talked to Peter. He tells me it won't work, send it to him and he will send me one that works. Then XR's calls me back and says I need an adapter bracket and they will fab me one and send by the following Friday. I have yet to get this bracket they are fabbing for me. Meanwhile Peter at Magura sends me another clutch to try and it doesn't fit either. So I decided to fab my own bracket. I have completed it and it works beautifully. It even looks good too! Made it from 316 Stainless Steel and polished it to a mirror finish. For my troubles, Peter at Magura sent me a Stainless braided cable at a discount and was very helpful with his technical info. He also made time to talk to me and answer my every question. I wish everyone was this helpful. Magura stands behind their products until you are satisfied. Customer service is hard to find these days. As for XR's Only, they can go suck a lemon! They have a few things in their magazine that I WAS interested in. Not anymore. Their customer service after the sale SUCKS! Didn't return my phone calls, never got the magical mounting bracket, won't get anymore of my hard earned money. Mr. Al Baker, if you can find the time to talk to me, I'd like to let you know how your service is. I think if you knew how the clowns you have running your business were running it, you would clean house and start over. The name of your business is XR's Only. I would think that means you know everything there is to know about XR's. Well I've decided you don't know much about the XR 400 and you don't know SH*T about customer service. Anybody else experienced XR's Onlys wonderful customer service? :flame:

Mark

junkjeeps

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2001
God rest his soul, he's probably turning over in his grave if he knows how they're running his business.

Mark

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
I had a similar issue with a CR hydro clutch-ended up buying an new slave cylinder as the original leaked(my fault-bent the rod) and the repalcement slave cylinder had the correct fitting.

Top Bottom