You ever notice?

LongGone

Nov 27, 2009
Aw c'mon!!! Can't we let him back in? He looks like a lot of fun around here.

You mods take all of the fun out of the place by banning all the d-bags. :)

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
LongGone said:
Not ALL of them, you are still around.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
LongGone said:

Is this entity the same guy, or a friend? How do you come off calling Pat, Patty? A little out of line, or related? D bags can go to the quad sites, they can use roaddawgs type of love. Thank you poopie head mods, once again! And, me being a gluten for punishment, would still like to see the list of crap that never makes it to the board, much less the ones that slip through the cracks! How bad does it get, I do pop in other sites, till the bs gets waste deep. Thanks again Pat, 89er and the rest! Vintage Bob

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
LongGone said:

I would also like to see him back. Since I'm not the one that banned him, I won't be the one to lift the ban. But, I think he just took a couple words wrong and took it personal. If you post something in the Flame Forum, you have to have a good sense of humor because you are most likely to get flamed.

We have had many members get into a pissin' match with the Mod's in the past and throw a hissy-fit. :yell: They get banned and most don't come back. Some of them see the errors of their ways and come back to be productive members of the site. DRN doesn't have as many members as some of the more loosely run sites but the one's we have are quality members. :nod:

It's just a matter of learning the site. DRN is a family site and we don't tolerate bad language. That is the first thing that will get you booted. If your only defense is cursing, you don't belong here.

If he wants to leave because a couple of people don't agree with him, well, it's his loss. He can go to the sites that when you ask a question, you get a bunch of kids arguing and cursing each other over the question and when you leave, you really don't know if your question was answered properly or not. Here, you can ask just about any dirtbike related question and get the correct answer.

I say give him one more chance. If he can't act in a responsible manner, the third time's the charm. :nod:

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Yeah LongGone and I have some history. :laugh:

I've been called a lot worst than Patty. Heck even in this very thread :)

LongGone

Nov 27, 2009
Patman said:
Not ALL of them, you are still around.
I KNEW that was coming. :)

LOL Vintage Blob. I love guys like you. They always throw 2 cents in on everything regardless if they know what's going on. Just 2 cents here...2 cents there. Blah blah blah all day long. I hope they never ban you either. You're just as entertaining. :think:

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
His account is back live, so it's up to him to decide if he wants it to stay that way. If he wants to act civil he is more than welcome whether people agree with him or not.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
LongGone said:
I KNEW that was coming. :)

LOL Vintage Blob. I love guys like you. They always throw 2 cents in on everything regardless if they know what's going on. Just 2 cents here...2 cents there. Blah blah blah all day long. I hope they never ban you either. You're just as entertaining. :think:
Yes. This is a dirtbike internet forum, we communicate via the printed word. Muscle flexing, go to the beach. Can I have that 2 cents back? This thread was done a while back, thanks for getting it going again! Vintage Bob

RoadDawg

Jul 10, 2009
My apologies to you all !

I owe Patman and Ol 89r and this entire forum an apology. I am sorry I flew off the handle and acted like an A--!

I should not have used profanity as you are right, this is a family oriented forum and I was out of line.

I guess I was just trying to vent a little at my fustration at the shops never having a part you need.

I enjoy this forum greatly and the information and knowledge I have gained is invaluable.

I guess if I ever post on the Flame Board again, I'll not take the posts personally. Or better yet I'll think out my post more before I hit submit.

Again, I am truly sorry for my remarks and comments about Patman and 89r... You guys have been racing and riding for a long time and I am new at the riding part.

I hope you can forgive my stupidity.

Thanks,

Road Dawg

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
It's all good with me.

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
RoadDawg said:
I am sorry I flew off the handle and acted like an A--!

Well hell... you aren't the first one and some of the first ones are now moderators :)

One of my best friends I met online here at DRN and we argued a good bit online back and forth. It was hilarious looking back in retrospect.

Now we just argue more face to face or on the phone.

A good flame is not always a bad thing!

:laugh:

Ivan

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
I think thats the best return post ever, in 4 years that I know of anyways? Nice job Road Dawg. Its always the little things? Yes the shops changed A LOT in 30 years is no lie. And Joe, I got a 27 year old smoker that will set you straight. New 4 strokes, pfffft! Except for the parts thing, dang it all! Vintage Bob

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
one word "class act" .....oops i guess im one of the five out of four people that have problems with numbers?:whoa:

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
Welcome back Road Dawg!

Bob, it's ok. I rode a 2 stroke back in the day. It's pretty common for a middle aged guy to have a vintage 2 stroke or two laying around. Must be how you old guys try to cling to your youth. :nener: :moon: At least my thumper handles good. :)

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
truespode said:
Well hell... you aren't the first one and some of the first ones are now moderators :)
HEY! I might resemble that remark! :laugh:

Besides you disagree with most everybody because you are a poopyhead.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
OLD GUYS? I vaguely resemble that remark. Lost youth, no, never get that back, and I know exactly where it went. BUT, my bike is faster than yours, perfect. And it does not take being dropped from a helicopter! Till the little kid on the 85 passes me on the track? 2 top ends Joe, I would not go betting the bank your newer bike handles better than my old dogs. Maintenance of suspension is a lot worse than engines and carbs. You should see the pile of crap that did not cut the grade on my 97 CR250 project. I just ordered the sub-tanks for the front end of the 480, the Ohlins rear shock is on the horizon. What is worse than getting pelted by 450f roost, eat 480 roost! How about car talk, its like a vintage muscle car against the newer v6 fast cars with muffler tips? In theory, better? Vintage Bob

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Welcome back RoadDawg.

Excellent post. :cool: Like truespode said, a lot of us started out here bashing each other only to become face-to-face friends and riding buddies. That's the difference between this site and some of the other 'kids' sites.

Please stay and enjoy what DRN has to offer.

Oh, and I was serious about that trail ride. If you are ever in So Cal. :nod:

Ol'89r
Cantankerous ol' curmudgeon. ;)

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Jeez, now it's turing into a love fest...get a room, this place is for real fightin' :nener:

I'm gald RoadDawg found a way to play in the sandbox, welcome back. I've seen some of his other posts and he should fit right in. :nod:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom