zio

Mr. Atlas
Jul 28, 2000
Oh, and Al Capone is my dad's second cousin. Don't know what that makes him to me, but it sure never helped me any.

SpeedyManiac

Aug 8, 2000
One of my friends is Adam Deadmarsh's nephew and my mom's friend is related to Ray Ferraro (I got to eat lunch with him). Both of these guys are NHL hockey players.

Jeff Gilbert

N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 20, 2000
I used to work with pop star Jessica Simpson's family. I remember Joe bringing her to work and me holding her when she was a baby.

KWJams

~SPONSOR~
Sep 22, 2000
Grateful Dead

I used to travel with my Uncle and we stayed for a couple of days with Micky Hart and his family at the Ranch in Novato,Ca. :cool:

el presidente

Dec 21, 2000
i am my own celebrity. i was on "speedvision?" on ESPN2 when they covered my clubs National Enduro in '99. i was on cause i was running a check and got run over by a bike, and u know who just happened to show up to get it on film? other than that i have met like all the national riders, got roosted by Mike Lafferty, and got abuncha signatures.
oh i almost forgot.
in '94 my dad took us out to the ISDE in Tulsa, it was really cool, i got to help run checks and stuff, but anyhoo, we stopped at a local supermarket one night after a day of events, and i was going down a isle and i saw ty davis, well i kept runnin around the market, and everytime i seen him i would yell, look dad there's ty davis. he just smiled, bet he thought i was retarded or something

Last edited:

Jamir

I come and go
Aug 7, 2001
Okay here are a couple. You decide which makes me the coolest.
1. I went to the same school as Baywatch Babe, Angelica Bridges. She was just called Angela Bridges then. My brother was in her class. She was a real b##ch. She is hot though.

2. I was a DJ at a party and Jeff Chriswell from the KC Chiefs was there. He was cool and all but probably one of the worst Chiefs players ever.

3.This is the one I like. My old band was on a compilation CD with P.O.D. This was back before they were big stars. At that time, we were actually higher up on the corperate ladder than they were. Go figure.

4.All though Big Lou is indeed very difficult to get a hold of, I have not only talked to him on the phone, but I have rode with him and even drank a beer with him. One time, I even raced against him. But he is so powerful that he somehow managed to cause my bike to use an unusally vast amount of fuel so I got a DNF. Big Lou is still pretty cool though. For a famous guy.

VintageDirt

Baked Spud
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 1, 2001
Originally posted by Thunder 33
Okay here are a couple. You decide which makes me the coolest.
Without a doubt...number 4.

michigan

Mar 9, 2001
One of my good friends in college lived with Piper Perabo, who was one of the bartenders in Coyote Ugly. I also went to school (college) with one of the starboys (we once got into an argument over using racing slicks on the street).
I used to see Elvis Grbac's little sister( who could've easily passed for his little brother) at the bars. She seemed to drink an awful lot for a D1 scholarship athlete.

and that's my claim to fame. :(

Byrd Man

Aug 24, 2000
I was working on an ambulance at Lanier Raceway, which is across the street for Road Atlanata. Jerry Glanville (former ATl Falcons coach) was out there renting the track. He was out driving around the track and I went over to talk to his old grey haired friend that came with him. They were taking turns driving around the track. His friend was a real nice guy, we chatted for a few and then I went back to the ambulance. My partner asked if I knew who the guy was that I was talking to. It was Paul Newman. Probably a good thing I didn't know because I would have been too star struck to talk to him.

I also have met and rode with 2 very famous DRN'ers, the one and only man of many words Ivan 'truespode" Leichiety(sp?) and High Lord "poke him witha stick" Gomer. :)

jmics19067

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 22, 2002
used to annoy the heck out of Tony D' when he was racing in the 70's
he used to hang out with a neighbor's older brother and I was there asking all them great 8 year old questions. " whats a powerband" "if itsa dirt bike why do you wash and keep it so clean" if I only knew.....

My wife went to school with Troy Vincent< corner back for the philadelphia eagles football team> funny thing is her high school yearbook does not show a picture of him playing football . I almost played a pickup game of football with him I kinda just sat in the middle of the field why he ran circles around me.

Milquetoast

Uhhh...
Oct 30, 2001
Jason Williams came in the place I bartended in a few years back (he's the basketball player who shot his limo driver recently, at his house about 5 miles from where i am right now) He left me $100 tip!

Whitney Houston and Mike Tyson used to live over in the next town from where I grew up, one time in High School we knocked on Tyson's door and lo and behold he answered the door himself (this was pre-Buster Douglas).

I met Malcolm Forbes when I was a kid, his magazine is based out of another nearby town.
I also met James Carville last weekend in DC, love that RAGIN CAJUN!

zio

Mr. Atlas
Jul 28, 2000
I once ate at McDonalds, which is a favorite restaurant of Bill *******, who played Golf with Kevin Costner, who starred in "JFK" with Kevin Bacon.

homey

Aug 7, 2001
My uncle is the "co-driver" in Adam 12, x-president of the screan actors guild, and used to be a good friend of Elvis. (Kent McCord)

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
I cut and bailed hay on Raymond Patriarca(alleged Mob figure) farm in my home town.
I ran the light show for Flotsom and Jetsom when they were in Providence.
I interviewed Helloween once.
Here's the biggie though- My mothers-cousins-sons-basketball coach was Dolly Partons younger brother.

Blue Thunder

~SPONSOR~
Dec 20, 2000
I was a waiter a long time ago and served lunch to George Brett, Marcus Allen and Frank White, all very nice guys and pleasure to visit with. Got the autographs but have no idea where they are.
Also, the country band Sawyer Brown had lunch one day, only served drinks to them and got to bs for a minute.
I too have had the pleasure to ride and bench race with the well known BigLou..what a guy, quite the magician w/the wrenches too..wait until the newest addition to mulletsgallore.com is brought forth at DW02'..."Motomullet"...it is sure to be monumental :confused:

VintageDirt

Baked Spud
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 1, 2001
Originally posted by bbbom
I've run into Joe Kopp of the Flattracking world and a few other pretty good racers a few times over the years. ;)
Anybody get hurt? :confused:

JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
Originally posted by zio
I once ate at McDonalds, which is a favorite restaurant of Bill *******, who played Golf with Kevin Costner, who starred in "JFK" with Kevin Bacon.
Wow! 1,2. . .4 degrees!

BEEF706

Sponsoring Member
Jan 24, 2002
I used to play softball with Steve Bartkowski, QB for the Falcons back then, heck of a nice guy , major arm. When I was in the sprtng gds biz, a couple of the guys from Kansas were regulars. i was once waiting in an airport when Geraldine Ferraro (SP?) the VP candidate on the Mondale ticket sat down across the aisle. A woman who was seated next to me walked over to her and said "I just wanted you to know I voted for you" she smiled shook her hand and looked over at me, I said, "I didn't" and went back to my reading.
But most of all I have met and ridden with the original VintageDirt, and seen him in mor3e than one outfit! Ain't life grand. :confused:

jharmon

Aug 1, 2001
My father had lunch with Jack Roush (NASCAR Team Owner) once, and didn't even know who he was till he told him he was involved in NASCAR.
Benny Parsons (Former NASCAR driver and now announcer) was there.

My closest experience with someone famous was Martin and Charlie Sheen (Father and Son Actors). I was playing a baseball game in Cooperstown (really!) and they thought our team was part of the minor league team. We played American Legion. Once they found that out, they left, but I still have the baseball they both signed. We lost 12-4.

jharmon

Aug 1, 2001
"A woman who was seated next to me walked over to her and said "I just wanted you to know I voted for you" she smiled shook her hand and looked over at me, I said, "I didn't" and went back to my reading"

That's Funny as Crap Beef 706. I asked Jim Kelly (Buffalo Bills) if I could see his Super Bowl ring in the Philadelphia Airport once. OOPS! He looked at me and just walked away. And I'm a Bills fan!

He's an idiot.

BKool

Apr 22, 2002
I live in AZ and play basketball at a chain of gyms called LA Fitness. Apparently many pro athletes enjoy the AZ heat. I have played ball with Oliver Miller (fat guy who helped the Suns get past the Lakers the year they went to the finals), Ike Austin (former NBA most improved player while playing in place of the injured Alonzo Mourning), Pernell Whitaker, Aeneas Williams (former Cardinal CB now with the Rams), and my favorite Donovan McNabb a few weeks ago (the guy is super rich but you wouldnt it even know it, he just acts like one of the guys). I also saw Ken Norton Jr in the locker room, that dude is HUGE!

Top Bottom