omarsusername

Feb 2, 2004
I am looking to by my first bike, i am 6'3 and 170lb and 17 years old. i am going to do a lot trail riding and try to do some racing at the local track. the dealership told me i should get the yz250f because it is good for trails and i will not foul as many plugs as the 2 strokes.is this true.Will a yz250f be two much power or should i go with a yz125?

Dr.Lou

May 7, 2002
I would highly recommend the 250F. You are a big kid. And two stroke 125s are tough to ride on trails. The YZ250F, and even better the WR250F, will be easier to ride on trails, and has a little more power for your weight. You will be able to grow into it instead of out of it (as in the case of the 125). Good luck! And have fun. Shopping for a new bike is a blast.

YZ125racer

Mar 15, 2004
Hey. If you are going to do trail riding the YZ250F is better. And what the dealer said about fouling plugs is true, but after about a week riding a 125 you get use to how to ride it and will probally never foul a plug agin. When I first got my YZ125 I just moved up form a KX65 (huge diffrence :eek: ) and I foueld my plug 3 times in 2 days when I first got it. But after that I learned how to ride it and shift the way I should and I have never fouled a plug sense then. And on a track it deponds on what one would be better. A YZ125 would be better on a tigher twister track, and a YZ250F would be better on a more open track. As for power the YZ250F doesn't make a whole bunch more power than a YZ125. It is enough to tell but if you moved from a 250F to a 125 you probally would't miss it to bad. Eitheir choice you choose between YZ125 and YZ250F you would be happy with. Have fun with yoru riding :thumb:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom