BIRDDOG

Dec 21, 2001
MY 2000 426 HAS A DEADLY BOG WHEN APPLYING THE THROTTLE
HARD LIKE WHEN YOU CRACK IT OPEN ON THE FACE OF A JUMP.
IM GOING TO GET KILLED ONE DAY.I HEARD R&D MADE SOME
CARB PLATE KIT THAT IS SUPPOSED TO HELP THIS. HAS ANYONE
HEARD OF OR USED THIS.DOES ANYONE ELSE EXPERIANCE THIS PROBLEM?
THANKS and sorry for all the caps i just noticed

Blue Thunder

~SPONSOR~
Dec 20, 2000
Do a search here or at Thumpertalk.com for the "BK" mod...it will help with the issue...you will find enough reading to keep you busy til' the new year...trust me. The P38 is similar but the BK mod can be done for pennies as opposed to 70$. Good luck. Jason

wayneo426

Sponsoring Member
Dec 30, 2000
Sandbar, NY
BK rules

I just did the BK to my bike, and it REALLY helped my low end bog, or hesitation. I was just flat out ripping out of turns, as never before. The hesitation is gone now, and accelerating out of turns, and blipping the throttle gives me instant response.

BIRDDOG

Dec 21, 2001
THANX

Thanks alot guys for helping out,especialy MikeOK that kids web site was great.Hes some kind of einstien or something.I was way off in thinking what i had to do to the carb.

MikeOK

Aug 6, 2000
Bird- over at TT this has been a long debated subject. I've probably read 50 or more posts from people who have done this mod and the vast majority swear by it, especially the '00 owners. I have an '00 myself and it does have just a bit of a bog but mainly on a cold engine so I haven't done the mod on mine, will probably do it as soon as winter sets in. You might go over there and do a search to get more info, it comes up as a subject all the time...

wayneo426

Sponsoring Member
Dec 30, 2000
Sandbar, NY
I followed Motomans direx when I did my mod. It was smooth all the way, and its a must do mod for the WR.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom