tmoney

~SPONSOR~
Jan 16, 2002
Anyone tried running a 14t front sprocket with the stock 50T rear for trail riding ? With my current jetting (more lean) the bike seems like it would benefit if I ran with the 14t. Also, this weekend I expect it to be muddy and I am thinking it will help with traction. Any input appreciated. Thanks.

NO HAND

~SPONSOR~
Jun 21, 2000
I'm pretty sure 14 would be overkill. The cr is already tame enough on the stock gearing. I can tell you than only one teeth on the rear makes a noticeable difference. To prove I run a 52 rear when I'm on a 00cr133 cylinder but I always switch to a 53 when I put on the 01cr125 cylinder. I have switched back to back often enough to believe one teeth is quite enough usually in one direction or the other.

James

Lifetime Sponsor
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 2001
I disagree. I used to swicth between 13 tooth front for MX and 14 tooth front for trails. I hardly ever get out of second on most of our trails and the 14 tooth gives a bit more speed in 1st and 2nd while reducing wheel spin on the slick stuff. The added plus is that you have some more on top for the few open fast sections.

tmoney

~SPONSOR~
Jan 16, 2002
James,
I tried the 14t this weekend on some trails that were wide open. I was impressed with the 14t. I think I'll stay with it...also considering my 13T was about wore out and I didn't even realize it.

James

Lifetime Sponsor
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 2001
Glad it worked for you. A lot of this stuff is trial and error and preference. I have all kinds of experiment left overs lying around.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom