scotts250

Jul 30, 2001
I just did a top end on my '01 CR250 due to time put on the bike and some low end power loss. When I pulled the cylinder I noticed that 2 reeds were broken, one was missing a piece as well.
As a result, I bought a V-Force Delta 2 reed cage and installed it along with a Wiseco piston/ring kit.
Compared to old top end and broken reeds, the bike seems to have much better bottom end, but it seems I lost a little top end.
Jetting: Texas (sea level) #30 pilot, #420 main, H1-75 Needle 2nd clip.
Love the throttle response and bottom end now but would like the top end also. I'm thinking about going to a #430 main. Also have an S-7 Nozzle I've never tried.
Any suggestions?

dale williams

Feb 3, 2000
I'm starting to wonder about the stock reed. After a couple of hours of trail riding I start to get a lot of carburetor noise and the engine runs rich at constant throttle settings. Here in western Washington the trails are many times slow and require more finesse than guts. I'm wondering if the reeds are loosing tension as the reed block warms up. I've inspected the reeds when cold and they look like they’re supposed to. It runs very good earlier in the ride when the reed block is cool. Would there be an advantage to going with a V-Force block or just install some carbon reeds in the existing block. I'm running a 15 pilot, H1-76 needle on the second clip and a 410 main. Temperature is running about 50 degrees F., sea level to 3000 ft. elevation.

Top Bottom