GBenzz

Sep 5, 2006
Hey guys, I have a 2001 Suzuki RM 125 with Eric Gorr's Mo Betta Porting, Bills pipe and silencer, everything else stock for mods.

Heres the problem, It was running real strong last week, was splooging from where the pipe meets the silencer though (even when i leaned it considerably), but this week its lacking power all of a sudden, and still splooging.

My Jets are:

Main:430
Pilot:27.5
Needle: stock on 3rd clip

Gas: 97 Octane with Belray Synthetic racing oil, 40:1

Was wondering if anyone has a bike similar to this setup and does it always splooge oil? Ive tried practically everything from changing the fuel mix, raising and lowerin needle clip, checking float, air filter, changing jets, air screw.. Anyone have a clue? :bang:

hot125mod

Jan 14, 2007
you could be a tad rich, my suggestion is chuck the bel-ray and try some amsoil or maxima 927 yes it is more expensive but it wont make a oozee mess all over your pipe if you are jetted right.

GBenzz

Sep 5, 2006
hot125mod said:
you could be a tad rich, my suggestion is chuck the bel-ray and try some amsoil or maxima 927 yes it is more expensive but it wont make a oozee mess all over your pipe if you are jetted right.

Yea was thinking about changing my oil. Maybe the Mobil 1 Mx2T? Ill try that next. And also my bike starts on first kick usually..so ima try a smaller pilot. Thanks for the input.

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
Sounds like you are too lean if it lost power. You may have even cooked the top end. You may have a crank seal starting to go bad, but most 2smokes spooge on pump gas. Is that 97 you are running from the pump? And why change the pilot because the bike starts easily? Thats usually a good sign of proper pilot jetting.

GBenzz

Sep 5, 2006
_JOE_ said:
Sounds like you are too lean if it lost power. You may have even cooked the top end. You may have a crank seal starting to go bad, but most 2smokes spooge on pump gas. Is that 97 you are running from the pump? And why change the pilot because the bike starts easily? Thats usually a good sign of proper pilot jetting.

Someone said on this forum that if u dont use ur choke the pilot is too rich.

But, Ill check my top end, is the crank seal a pain in the ass to check?

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
Depends on the temperature. You didn't say you didn't have to choke it. If it is real warm in "I don't know", your bike may start fine with no choke. A cold engine requires choke because fuel sticks to the cylinder walls. If it's warm enough sometimes you dont need it. If it is cool outside and starts without choke then yes, the pilot is probly a bit rich.

carajean

May 27, 2006
Mine ( 2001 RM 125 )does the same thing its spooges like no other. I have the 440 main and 25 pilot in it and it still sprays everywhere. It also leaks from the collar and where the pipe meets the exhuast. I run 2 gallons Turbo blue and 3 gallons 93 pump and Klotz. I rips though so im just gonna have to put up with a bluck rear fender and swingarm.

GBenzz

Sep 5, 2006
carajean said:
Mine ( 2001 RM 125 )does the same thing its spooges like no other. I have the 440 main and 25 pilot in it and it still sprays everywhere. It also leaks from the collar and where the pipe meets the exhuast. I run 2 gallons Turbo blue and 3 gallons 93 pump and Klotz. I rips though so im just gonna have to put up with a bluck rear fender and swingarm.

Yea it sux having black ooze wash down your swingarm and silencer...There has to be a way to stop this. Im goin to check my crank seal and top end. If all else looks good, i guess ill have to seal the silencer and exhaust collar. Im goin to try Amsoil and check for air leaks now.

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
GBenzz said:
Yea it sux having black ooze wash down your swingarm and silencer...There has to be a way to stop this. Im goin to check my crank seal and top end. If all else looks good, i guess ill have to seal the silencer and exhaust collar. Im goin to try Amsoil and check for air leaks now.

A good quality MOTORCYCLE race fuel will help alot. It burns at a lower temp. Spooge is unburnt fuel that gets pushed into the exhaust. If you put any pump fuel in your bike you will have unburnt fuel going into the exhaust. VP C12 is the most common fuel in my area.

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
_JOE_ said:
A good quality MOTORCYCLE race fuel will help alot. It burns at a lower temp. Spooge is unburnt fuel that gets pushed into the exhaust. If you put any pump fuel in your bike you will have unburnt fuel going into the exhaust. VP C12 is the most common fuel in my area.
We ran pump fuel in our 2 stroke for years with very little spooge. The trick is to jet it correctly across the entire throttle. A good quality oil is also a help but will not cure the problem.

Have you ever repacked the silencer it is possible it is so oil soaked it is also adding to the backpressure and pushing spooge out the connections

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
oldguy said:
We ran pump fuel in our 2 stroke for years with very little spooge. The trick is to jet it correctly across the entire throttle. A good quality oil is also a help but will not cure the problem.

Have you ever repacked the silencer it is possible it is so oil soaked it is also adding to the backpressure and pushing spooge out the connections

You guys must be fortunate to have good quality pump fuels in your area. Our local pump fuels seem to burn fairly clean as well. Yes, jetting is the most important piece of the puzzle. And silencer packing is one of the most overlooked things(at least in my group). And that is a great thought, even if you correct the jetting the bike may still spooge out whats built up in the silencer.

motometal

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 3, 2001
someone mentioned trying Maxima 927...isn't that their castor oil? If so, that will spooge more, if anything...plus foul things up, even with decent jetting.

carajean

May 27, 2006
yeah i do notice that when im on the gas non stop like goin straight i hardly get any but when im riding in the woods like my normal slow pace i get a lot.

Top Bottom