sfc crash

Human Blowtorch
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 26, 2001
the dealer said the 01 wr 426 and the 01 yz 426 share the same head pipe, i asked him to check the numbers on the fiche and he said he was. that being said, then the only thing needed would be an after market exhaust to get yz like performance,right. btw does anyone know the flow/power characteristics of the wr exhaust vs yz. it's late and iv'e lost my thumper talk password. :whiner:

SFO

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 16, 2001
When I did my first wr dyno work I was using an Arrow pipe on my wr.
I have had to return to the wr pipe due to usfs issues.
I will be doing some back to back work in the future with a stock wr pipe on the dyno.
Stay tuned...

sfc crash

Human Blowtorch
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 26, 2001
great, this exhaust issue is the most frustrating thing yet. between the "yz stock system is great,don't waste your money" and the "this pipe was made for the yz to be ridden like it should" it's ,well something. :ugg:

SFO

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 16, 2001
I know.
I spent a lot of time tweaking my wr.
When it was all said and done the ranger says I can't run a non-stamped usfs pipe.
I put the stock wr pipe back on and the bike still rips!
Hype sells many pipes.

wayneo426

Sponsoring Member
Dec 30, 2000
Sandbar, NY
I also spent alot of time researching this, and Ive found that there is not a whole lot of difference in aftermarket pipes. You might gain some top end horsies , only to lose it somwehere else. Save your $, and get your bike jetted right. You will see a very nice increase over stock.
My cheesy .02 cents. ;)

sfc crash

Human Blowtorch
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 26, 2001
i'm just looking at something that puts the meat low to mid...i grunt it, no need for over rev, or even rev..ha! my bike is in pieces, but i want to put it all together at once, the stock pipe might give me plenty after the free mods and wayneo's jetting. ;) actually it's waaay to fast in stock trim, i'm just a bigger faster kinda guy. :p

Top Bottom