01 XC300 wiring for the lights

Mully

Moderator / SuperPowers
Jun 9, 1999
I am trying to get my lights to work and need some questions answered.
Front and rear lights are set up as follows:

Rear- two small bulb style:
two yellow and two black leave the tail light assemble. By the time they get to the connector near the air box it becomes two yellow and one black. I will assume yellows are the positive sides and the blacks are the ground (and the blacks become one wire just befor thisconnector).
**On the other side of this connector one of the yellows becomes a white wire. The other yellow becomes a purple, and the black becomes a yellow with a green stripe. So looking at this now I will assume the Yellow with the green strip is now the ground and the purple would be the main tail light power and the white is for a brake light.

Front light:
The head light is the three connector style for the main bulb (which is very large) and then I have a small bulb to the side of the main headlight bulb that has two connectors and a center post connector. The on/off switch is located behind the number plate also. There was nothing connected to the smaller bulb.
**The two wire that were connected to the main headlight were purple (same color purple as the tail light wire mentioned earlier) and the other wire was yellow with a green stripe.
So I will assume the purple is the main light hot wire and the yellow with the green stripe is ground.

Does this sound correct, and/or could someone check theirs and let me know which is what. Thanks guys/girls

Mully

Mully

Moderator / SuperPowers
Jun 9, 1999
FS,

Thank you for your response. I finally broke down and got my DVM out and traced the wiring back and figured it out. With out the wiring diagram it was a pain but none the less it is done. Now I will be able to ride the Gas Gas for the night time poker run at DW2003 :yeehaw: Four Ace's here I come.

Mully

Top Bottom