SFO

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 16, 2001
The dealer Fe_Princess does books at has an '02 wr250 in the window.
I started rubbing it and it looks kinda nice.
I could also perhaps get a plate for it...
The left side clutch is kinda funky along with the zoke front end and a sachs shock.
The price is right though.
What about Parts availability?
I don't want the good dealer speil, how is it getting parts from husky usa?
Does it turn?
Really?
Does it bark or does it have a vanilla power delivery?
Brake performance?
Any comments or insights would be appreciated.
Thanks.
Does it turn?

TR

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 17, 2000
SFO, be patient, the weekend is just over. See if you can contact BUD. He rides a 2002 WR250.
Regards

SFO

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 16, 2001
Thx.
I am also somewhat amazed that I am considering this bike and am looking forward to feedback.
Thanks again, Bill

bud

Jun 29, 1999
gday ; )

I came off a 00 wr250 a few weeks ago, and I was pretty impressed with the old one. The new one has smoother power and a bit more of it. But to me the suspension is the main improvement - overall handling is better than any bike I've ridden (mostly that's compared to various yamahas and the occasional honda cr). Including cornering, especially rutted corners. Stability, eg thru rocky ruts or whoops is also exceptional. It's plush over small stuff, and I've yet to bottom out the forks where I used to bottom out the old one fairly often. In short, I'm very impressed.

"What about Parts availability?"

No problems here in au. 90% of the time they have what I want in stock. The rest might take 3 days to get in.

"Does it bark or does it have a vanilla power delivery?"

hmm, the power is smooth and useable. The hit when the powervalve opens is there but it's not extreme.

"Brake performance?"

Better than my old one. The rear disk floats. Not sure what the benefit of that is. It brakes very predictably, but I think that's partly due to the suspension.

I'd still ask for a test ride.

lawman

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 20, 1999
a buddy of mine races 1 of these in bjec enduros & he's doing real well. i've ridden it some & like it pretty well. it handles well & has plenty of power. the shifting feels a little notchy to me & the seams on the 2-piece shrouds irritate my knees, but it seems to be a fine bike. he complains that he never got a manual for it but i don't know about any problems getting parts. it is pretty loud, but maybe that's just his.

Top Bottom