DaveU

Oct 23, 2002
use Bel Ray Gear Saver In our Bikes, Drained my sons 02 KX65 for a change and the oil is pinkish... Guessing it's the water pump seal and I'm getting water in the crankcase oil? any tips on changing? can be done thru the water pump cover?
Thanks!

gearhead730

Mar 25, 2006
HI Dave U I am doing my sons complete engine for his kx 65 2001 right now. You could take it out from out side but if shaft has groove in it you wont be able to clean it up with some fine grit sandpaper.Take right case off you first have to take off water pump impeller it wont come off unless you do so, then you you can get at it easily. While your in there take alook at clutch basket and clean out case good.When you put it back together put some grease on seal lips so the lips of seal dont burn or become hard from lack of lube good luck :ride: :nod: !

Dec 15, 2005
Types on changing

DaveU said:
use Bel Ray Gear Saver In our Bikes, Drained my sons 02 KX65 for a change and the oil is pinkish... Guessing it's the water pump seal and I'm getting water in the crankcase oil? any tips on changing? can be done thru the water pump cover?
Thanks!
Your gaskets have gone bad, also check your impellar. It happened to my sons bike to. Thanks talk to you again later.

Dec 15, 2005
Types on changing

DaveU said:
Thanks!

Top Bottom