Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
It's kinda hard to get excited about gear.... design (looks) are subjective, sizing can vary, some fit certain bodies better than others, etc., but I've got to comment on the 02' Elektron pants/jersey and Formula Gloves.

Last year's variant didn't have enough room in the knee for braces, this year they fixed it. Overall more room in the thigh area as well. Not as much as Thor Core4, but plenty. Big improvement.

Sizing is right on the money

Attention to detail is by far ahead of everything else I've seen. Great materials, stitching, vents (a very cool scoop vent in the knee are when leg is bent). These things are nicely designed and look to be very tough.

Buckle is updated and works great, the Velcro waist band adjustors, while simple, are very effective.

Neoprene panels above the knee offer a lot of flex, without having to use flimsy material.

The lower back panel nearly eliminates the need for a kidney belt (from a padding perspective). Nice touch.

Fit is great! They don't ride too high or too low. The only complaint I have about Thor Core is the waist is a little too high for me. On the other end of the spectrum is Answer, last pair I had were like hip-huggers (this may not be the case in the newer versions). I do not work on refrigerators.

The big NoFear logo "pod" on the leg is a really soft rubber. If there is a weakness, this may be it, seems like it could rip it's so soft. Good point it, it's flexible enough to bend, and vented. We'll see how they hold-up after a couple get-offs.

The jersey is the micro fiber everyone is using. You'll notice that where colors change on the sleeve, it's not just printed on, its another complete panel, very cool. There is venting on the back... I assume it's supposed to work like an exhaust?

Formula Gloves are sweet! Lot's of airy material, padding where you need it and grippy fingers. Great fit on my hands.

If you are in the market for new gear, give this stuff a look. They've got a color combo for just about anyone's taste and the quality is awesome.

http://www.nofearmx.com/store/2002_elektron_pants.shtml

marcv125

Oct 29, 2001
Thanks for the review okie. I will be looking for new gear soon becaus ei have outgrown my old fox gear. How would you compare the No Fear Electron to the Fox 360 motion pants? I am considering these to products. I loved the Fox clothing but am worth considering others. Thanks okie
Marc

Farmer John

T.C.F.<br>(tire changin' fool)
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 8, 2000
Thanks for the report!

I just ordered the vented gear for myself this morning.
I'm hoping your comments on quality hold up in the vented line as well.

zcookie49

Seven OUT!
Dec 21, 2000
Hey Okie, question. you said that the size was right on the money, you mean that your normal waist size is what you ordered in this pant right?
Not to sound stupid, but I own 2000 electron gear and I wear a 34, I returned the 34's and got 36's for the 34's were snug, and when you pay that much, you like a good fit.
I had my AXO's cut off of me, so I will looking at the 02 elecktron line, the blue and silver gear is awesome, actually, all of it looks great... let me know about that size thing , thanks.
BTW, someone asked about the fox gear... a buddy I know bought the RC technique gear, and it is incredible.... But it should if you have to pay $200 for a pair of pants!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :(

JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
I have to agree with Okie. I have two sets of Elektron gear, and I'm thinking about ordering a third set. It fits, it looks terrific, and it wears well. My '00 Elektron pants still look great. The jersey has some "pulls" on it, but otherwise it looks great too. The Formula gloves still look new.

www.motosportoutlet.com has deals on the stuff occasionally.

_SOLO_

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 15, 2000
I also agree with Okie on this. The pants fit perfect, I normally wear 32's and the pants fit perfectly with the velcro completly tightened so I will have room to grow into them later.

I can't say anything about the Elektron jersey though because I have the Special 73 which is very top notch. It feels like you are wearing a t-shirt on a warm day. Rode with it a couple of times in the cold and I ended up freezing my butt off and just wearing a hoodie. I have had a few get off's and Ivan had a good view of how well they hold up. No big falls yet though.

zcookie49

Seven OUT!
Dec 21, 2000
Just wondering... Did any of you guys get any "combo deals" or anything like that on the '02 no fear gear? I know it is still kinda early, wasnt sure if you did or not.... I have noticed that near the end of the outdoor Nationals, they start running the '03 gear and then you see the '02 gear on closeouts. Some other companys will give you $10-$20 off as well if you but pants gloves and jersey at same time.... I am not in any big rush since I wont be riding till end of August at earliest, that is the only reason that I ask....
Thanks for the input on the pants.... Kinda makes sense now that they make the right size as normal waist size.
I am just itching to get some new gear since all I do now is lay around and browse the internet, what a way to burn a hole in your pants pocket. Luckily I havent pulled the trigger...LOL>....... :)

Top Bottom