02 RM...any quirks I should know about them?

stevet

Jan 11, 2005
45-year old guy here....been riding street last few years..but started riding dirt back at age 7...wanting to get back into dirt riding..

someone close by to me is selling an 02 RM 250 for $3000. I haven't looked at the bike yet...he says he's ridden it very little (35 hours...if you can believe that)....

any quirks about this year of RM...would be used for trail riding (clear creek, carnage...other riding areas in northern calif)....

since its been a few years since I rode dirt I don't want to go out and buy a brand new bike ...just want something to ease back into dirt riding on.....like the new RM Z 450 and the CR 450...but don't think that would be a good idea just yet,.....

sorry for the long post.....but if the bike looks clean I may go for it....

thanks in advance for any input/comments..

sick 96 250

Damn Yankees
Jul 16, 2004
i like rm's myself but if you were to look around a little more you could prob find an 02 for cheaper. If you havent been on a dirt bike in a while a 4 stroke may be better for you but 2 strokes are still my favorite. As for the 02 i dont think i've heard to much negativety on them but someone else may have more of an opinion

ETS

Apr 13, 2000
That seems pretty steep to me also. Good reviews at motorcycledaily for the 02's if you do a search. RM's are pretty hot to ease into anything. Fun if your aggressive but if your lazy you might hate it.

darringer

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 2, 2001
In California, home of the ridiculous green/red sticker law, that is not a crazy amount for that year if the bike is in very good condition. Since it's an '02, it can be ridden year-round. I see lots of them at Carnegie and Hollister. I see 2000's going for the same price all the time.

Top Bottom