pressley10r

Feb 4, 2008
What is the best/ most cost effictive aftermarket reeds or rad valves for this bike, and who has experience with them. Everyone on this site seems to rave about the v-force 3 but they're not available for the 98-02 rm250. Ive always had good luck with boyesen. What's everyones thoughts? Oh, and I want something thats going to last, without chipping

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
That's odd that they don't offer the V-force 3 for those years. I have the V-2 on my '01. I'd give them a call and ask if they have any V-2's left. I'd also ask why it's not available for your bike, maybe there is a mod you can do to get them to work.

tyler_43

Jun 22, 2007
as far as cost effective goes I'd have to say just plain old boyesen power-reeds... but you'll definetly get more power out've the V-force if you can get them. As for boyesen rad valves... I've never got them 'cause my friends have told me they're over-rated... but I'd ask someone who has them just to be sure. They are pretty expensive tho......

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Get the V-2 if you can find it. They are adjustable for low or top end power and will work just as well as the V-3. I have mine set for low end and it makes a big difference. They say that the reed life is reduced at the low setting but when I called them to talk about it they said that is if you wind it out a lot. I don't scream it and I've had the same set of reeds for 2 years with no wear on them.

Top Bottom