02 YZ Jetting

xXxYZxXx

Aug 16, 2002
Got an 02 YZ 125, just got a PC Platinum pipe and R304 shorty and want to know what my jetting should be around. The elevation here is 922 feet, it's generally anywhere from 50-60 when I ride, and I have no other modifications other than my pipe and silencer, please help.

Studboy

Thinks he can ride
Dec 2, 2001
How does the bike run now? There are good jetting guides everywhere. Nobody is going to be able to give you accurate specs. for your bike due to the many variables, but maybe someone will be able to give you a baseline. Make sure that everything is in excellent mechanical shape before you even start jetting. If you learn how to jet yourself, you will be MUCH better off in the long run. P.S. Don't post in multiple forums, *Wink, Wink*.

MXP1MP

Nov 14, 2000
I just had that bike with the same pipe and silencer, I ran almost totally stock jetting. But I changed the needle to the 6BHY24-77 in the 2nd clip and adjust the air screw to like 1/2 or 1 3/4 turns out depending more on temp. I found my bike the run much crisper over stock. I find the stock needle makes it bog sometimes gurgle off the bottom. I find the stock needle to be just alittle bit too lean sometimes. I ran the needle listed above all the time cause the throttle responce was much crisper. I think after I changed it to that I never touched it again ever and I've ran it in temps from 29 to like 90's in all kinds of elevations from sea level to like 4000 feet and it never changed. I also highly suggest if you haven't done so yet change the gearing to 13/51 vs the 13/49 stock. The bike pulls much stronger off the bottom all the way threw other than that it was one of the best 125's I've had so far.

Joe
'03 YZ 250F
'01 TM 85MX

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…