Difference between the PC pipes??????/

mattb348

Aug 2, 2005
Hey guys. I have a 2002 KX 250 and according to Eric Gorr's motocross/offroad handbook, the best mod for my bike is a pro circuit pipe/silencer. It is supposed to give it more top end, since my bike supposedly has less top-end power than the older KX's due to smaller valves or something like that.

I do want to put a new pro circuit pipe & silencer on, but I found out that there is more than one type of pipe/silencer!

I have to pick between the pro circuit platinum and the pro circuit "works" pipe, and then for the silencers theres the R304 (shorty) and the regular 304 silencer (non shorty).

WTF ones should I use? is there much of a difference? I want the most power (as would anyone).

Also, do I have to re-jet with any of the PC pipes? right now it just has the stock pipe/silencer on it. A friend of mine said that I don't have to re-jet with a pc pipe.

Lastly, if I DO have to re-jet, do I make it leaner or richer with a PC pipe/silencer?

AST

May 5, 2003
The works pipe is the same as the platinum except for the finish. I prefer the works but it does require a little more elbow grease on keeping it looking good.You have to use scotchbrite pads and a bit of wd40 on them every once and awhile.The silencers are made for different applications.The shorty silencer is geared for more hit down low.It is the silencer of choice for supercross style tracks. The regular silencer is geared more for mx style tracks.It is better for for top end speed/power.As far as jetting, I have always had to go up 1 to 2 main jet sizes.(richer) Others have said they go leaner but the pro circuit pipes have leaned my main.Sometimes you may not have to re jet.Give pro circuit a call and they will tell you what they think you should start at.

Top Bottom