Superchief

Feb 11, 2003
I am looking at purchasing a pro-circuit pipe and shorty silencer and also installing a set of v-force reeds at the same time ( tension set on high). i was wondering where i can expect the power gains and if it would be significant diff over the stock assembly. I would like to make a difference across the entire power band.

ProCircuit

Jan 16, 2003
The Pro Circuit Works or Platinum Pipe for the 03 CR250 is going to give you a little more mid to top end power. The stock pipe is actually pretty good, but tends to sign off a little early. We designed a pipe that helps the bike rev further than stock. Also, I would highly recommend the V-Force because the stock reeds wear out fast and need to be replaced quite often. Anyway, I hope I answered your question.

Superchief

Feb 11, 2003
Thanks i appreciate the information. i've only got a chance to ride the bike 5 times before winter set in and i'm pretty happy with the way it performs stock but who can't use more power! thanks again and look forward to doing business with you.

Superchief

Feb 11, 2003
Just wanted to ask another quick question. What are the sound levels of the platinum pipe and r-304 shorty silencer? From some of the posts i've read i get the impression they are very loud. doesnt make a difference to me really just dont want to piss the neighbors off much more than they already are about people riding in the area.

ProCircuit

Jan 16, 2003
Obviously, there can be different variables that can cause one bike to be louder than another, but for the most part the 03 CR250 with a Platinum pipe and R-304 silencer is about 99 to 100 dB's. We are designing a Type 296 silencer which will lower the dB's to 96. This silencer will keep the neighbors happy!!!

Superchief

Feb 11, 2003
Does pro-circuit offer the jd ignitions for the 03 CR 250? Would this offer anything over stock or is the stock unit good enough?

ProCircuit

Jan 16, 2003
Eventually, we will have the ignition for the 03 CR250, but we have yet to develop the curve yet. We should have one developed by the end of March!!!

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom