sledman

Oct 23, 2002
How are the '03 300 EXC's stock suspenders, generally speaking? Do they benefit much from a revalve? I've got about 160 miles of desert riding on mine, and it still seems stiff, although they tell me I need 4 times that before the suspension will be broke in. I'm 173 #'s, 5'10", "medium" fast, semi-aggresive. I'll also be riding the mountains this summer.

saint_steven

Feb 17, 2003
A guy in Lehi, Utah, under the business name of Coyote racing does the best damn job of anyone I've ever met on the kTM 300 suspenders. He uses Moto-Pro valving, and just has years of experience. I can't even stand to ride my 360 after being on his. I'm buying an 03 300 in a week or two, and Jensen (Coyote) will be the first place I visit.

I think you're right about stocks being a bit harsh, from my experience, on the small stuff, though they'll take the bigger hits okay. Anyway, reply and I can give you Coyote's phone number if your interested.

fishhead

die you sycophant !
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 22, 2000
MotoPro is in Redmond Wa and you can also get his valves online or send your forks and shocks to him. John is happy to talk to you about the best shim stacks and spring for your conditions if you buy the valves for self installation.

He did a bike for me. On my current ktm I got the valves and set them up per his specs and its good stuff. Plushness was improved on sharp edged bumps as was precision on tight single track, the bike turns much better and holds the inside on fast sweepers.

I ride tight technical single track and lots of woods, rarely fly the bike but put in pretty good mileage on each ride.

Top Bottom