03 RM250 with 114 link chain

Feb 23, 2004
I've had my 03 RM250 for a year now and last night i went to replace the chain and sprockets. When i compared the new chain to the old one, i saw it was longer. both chains are DID gold...the old one is a 520ERT and the new one is a 520ERM. the bike had a brand new chain when i got it and i haven't removed any links from it. does anyone have any idea why this bike would have a 114 link chain on it? The bike was an ex-practice bike for Buddy Antunez when he raced the Canadian Nationals in 2003. What should i do with the new chain, cut 6 links out of it?

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Unless you specify the # of links when you order a chain you'll get 120 links. It's up to you to cut it to length. The # of links on the bike may be different from standard if the sprockets have changed size. I don't know what the chain size is on that year bike but cut the new one same as the old one.

Feb 23, 2004
Thanks...i think i mighta had one too many beers when i was working on the bike last night...i looked in my manual after posting this and i see the bike has 114 links stock...and i now remember (beer buzz has worn off) cutting new chains on my old 125!

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…