IBWFO

Aug 5, 2001
My son just switched to the SX from a CR and I wanted to know if any of you have opinons on susp set-up?
Does the SX have a mid-valve like the CR?

Regards

D

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
The SX does have a midvalve but its not a good a setup as the CR-thats one of the reasons it gives a harsh ride.Jeremy will give a very good answer to this as he is the WP guru:) BTW hows the engine on the 03?ive heard it has awsome bottom and mid?

IBWFO

Aug 5, 2001
Funny story. I decided my son needed a little time off from riding for a little attitude adjustment. (4 weeks) We had been shopping his resume around town and KTM desided to give us a bike! I was (and still am) blown away!
About the time they gave us the bike his attitude Improved (imagine that)
We got the bike on a thursday, took it to the track Sat for practice and to try and figure this suspension out. Rode it 3 laps and he said the susp was OK.
Got on the line Sunday, with only 3 laps practice on a stock KTM and him not having ridden in a month and he holeshot the race and got 2nd!
He came in with this huge smile on his face! He said the bike was pulling the 250f's and that was always his complaint with the CR. All he said when he came in was GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWD! Did you see me pull those guys dad?
He did come in and tell me the suspension was beating him to death. We worked on the susp last weekend but still can't getthe front end right. He says it has bad head-shake going into breaking bumps and it won't compress in the turns when he really hits them hard? We had his CR where he liked it, but not the SX. We used Race-Tech on the CR and he loved it,but I hear so many arguments about what is right with the SX,.....I'm concerned.
We are sponsored by a Race-Tech shop and have the work done free$$$$$$
Regards

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom