03 yz 250 or 07 cr 125

stevenminix

Nov 28, 2009
im 26 5'11 and 185lbs i am an avid rider but which of these bikes would you recomend? i can get em both for same price. gimme some reasons why u picked what u did over the other to base my decision on, thanks alot i really appreciate it..

stevenminix

Nov 28, 2009
ill be doing a litle trail riding but mostly motocross riding maybe a trail every now and again.. im really aggressive and have spent time on older cr 80's and ownedeverything from raptor 660 quads to a 74 mx400 dirtbike.. i cant decide on either a 07 cr125 or an 03 yz250, what do u all think, plus im looking for most performance too and which would be a more well rounded bike with all the goodies big bore kits racing parts etc.. i dunno what im gonna do to each bike but would like to know a mod list for each bike to make it perform factory race motocross ride equivalent.

stevenminix

Nov 28, 2009
what kind of mods can i do with 1000 bucks to spend on the yz

wake_rider

Feb 21, 2007
With a correctly jetted yz250, you really wont need mods. You do realize that even the top ameture riders that are about to enter the pro ranks, rarely use a bikes power to it's full capabilities. I can promise you that if you learn how to keep in the power and learn how to stay wide open through turns, you will not need more power than a 2-stroke 250. If you have too much power, you will never learn how to ride correctly. All that will happen is you will putt through corners, then try to catch up in the straights. Just get a close to stock 250 smoker, then learn how to ride it to it's potential. I promise you that even with a full blown factory 250 smoker, a kid in the top of the ameture ranks on a 80cc smoker will leave you and never see you again, that is until he laps you. It's all about knowing how to use it....

jb_dallas

Feb 17, 2009
If you drop a grand on designer parts, you will never get that money back. The only time I spend money is when something breaks.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…