PSU54321

Feb 6, 2003
I will soon be wanting to start racing my yz 125, I currently weigh 195 and I'm around 6" tall. What suspension pieces will I need for a good set up due to my weight, and please be as descriptive as you can cause I'm kinda stupid when it comes to things, like what it does,where I can get it, what model or #,if its on a site, or what not, everyone is great about helping me out which is why I love this site. thank you

DEANSFASTWAY

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 16, 2002
Does it feel good now ? What dont you like ? Is it bottoming out or feeling too soft ? Let us know more you might not need anything but then again you might. The smartest thing you should do is evaluate your problem or lack of before making changes. But if you think the bike is a bit soft then maybe it needs some tweaking.

PSU54321

Feb 6, 2003
the bike is perfect for now but eventually I will have to put springs on it because the bike isn't fully broken in yet.

flynbryan

~SPONSOR~
May 22, 2000
PSU I really think (again) you should just RIDE the bike for a while before you go throwing money at it. Give it some time. Find out what you like/dislike about your factory equipment. Like we've disscussed in previous posts; Riding is about 90% Rider/ 10% Bike. A brand new motorcycle is not going to be very flawed right from the get go. Again take the time to ride and TEST different setups on your bike before you go bolting new parts up. I can show you entirely to many riders out on the amatuer circuits that have the trickest looking bikes w/all the latest and highly modified components on their bikes, but unless you have the talent that mandates the use of those products your just wasting your time. I will vouch on the springs being appropriate if your weight falls out side of the parameters for the stock units, but if you have not checked your race sag/ static sag you don't know wether or not you even need to replace them. Again remeber its mostly heart not expensive parts that make a fast racer at this level.

DEANSFASTWAY

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 16, 2002
I agree TOTALLY with flyinbrian, These bikes are sogood these days that with a little fiddling they all work really well . Last weekend at a track in Jersey a long lost young local Expert rider showed up at a track and spanked everybodies butt in the expert class on a 98 CR 125 wearing old purple & white AXO gear and it wasnt that all the good riders were away either. PSU take the time to read your manual about suspension tuning . Good Luck!

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
Originally posted by DEANSFASTWAY
Last weekend at a track in Jersey a long lost young local Expert rider showed up at a track and spanked everybodies butt in the expert class on a 98 CR 125 wearing old purple & white AXO gear and it wasnt that all the good riders were away either.

Just ask Marcus about the dude that showed up on an 86 cr125! :p :moon:

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
Best one was a guy in the AMCA 250 championships on a 88CR250-he came about 5th and was very smooth.

As for the 86 cr125 it was muddy i had bald tires-im not going to say anything more about it;)

steve125

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 19, 2000
LOL! busted!  I'm gona start shaving knobs off your upcoming ride right now! :) :yeehaw:

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
Steve is gonna shave his knob for the up coming ride? :eek:

you need to keep that sort of stuff to yourself steve!

steve125

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 19, 2000
Brucie, you can thank all your Happy Meals for keeping your knob well hidden. You must have quite the mirror collection! :laugh:

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
on the contrary steve. at 6'2" , 36" waist and 220lbs i think i am quite well in proportion:)

but alas, you are not my type, you can try and flirt with me all you want , call me pet names like brucie boy or brucie baby but i am not into all that stuff! :silly: :thumb: :)

steve125

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 19, 2000
I've never called you Brucie Baby! but since you came up with it I will for now on you big tease ;)

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom