jayhedrick

~SPONSOR~
Mar 10, 2009
02yz125.... i picked the bike up 2 weeks ago and love it!!! hit the local track and felt like i was landing a tank everytime i landed from a jump... im new to messing with the suspension all together so i guess what im asking is what is a good set up for the suspension.. is it just rider preference? or is there a set up i can go by that would work good for me? im 5'9 and weigh about 165...

jayhedrick

~SPONSOR~
Mar 10, 2009
wow nobody can help me out?? ......and i thought this was a pretty cool site

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
sometimes you just need a little patience.

Have you set the sag properly on your suspension?

Once you have the sag set, then you can start playing with rebound & compression.

Plus, are you over jumping jumps? or coming up short?

Where are you landing that seems like you are landing like a tank?

Are you landing on the gas or off the gas?

There are a lot of details that you could add that would help get answers that you are looking for.

jayhedrick

~SPONSOR~
Mar 10, 2009
indy... no i have not set the sag... its prob still set for the past rider... im going to defently do that first thing tomorrow.. im mostly landing rear slightly before front.. and it feels way to stiff for me...

joe...checked everything except nitro pressure.. im not sure how to check that...

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
jayhedrick said:
indy... no i have not set the sag... its prob still set for the past rider... im going to defently do that first thing tomorrow.. im mostly landing rear slightly before front.. and it feels way to stiff for me...

Are the tank landings on table tops? or what??

Could be technique as much as bike that's causing a harsh feel to the landings.

jayhedrick

~SPONSOR~
Mar 10, 2009
IndyMX said:
Are the tank landings on table tops? or what??

Could be technique as much as bike that's causing a harsh feel to the landings.

actually come to think of it.. it is mostly on the table tops...

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
jayhedrick said:
actually come to think of it.. it is mostly on the table tops...
You will never get the set up down for flat landing table tops, you are supposed to land on the landing. Over jumping is a real bummer also! Get the manual and set the sag, put all the adjusters back to the stock settings and start from there. The suspension will bottom from abuse or the roughest obstacle on the track, but, if you are not familiar with it, it could be just real harsh and not bottoming. Are the forks and rear shock visually using the entire stroke?

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
The factory settings should put you in the ballpark for your 165lbs. Theres a schrader valve on the bottom of the shock reservior. Make sure you have a high pressure guage to measure it, they have about 150psi in them.

jayhedrick

~SPONSOR~
Mar 10, 2009
whenfoxforks-ruled said:
You will never get the set up down for flat landing table tops, you are supposed to land on the landing. Over jumping is a real bummer also! Get the manual and set the sag, put all the adjusters back to the stock settings and start from there. The suspension will bottom from abuse or the roughest obstacle on the track, but, if you are not familiar with it, it could be just real harsh and not bottoming. Are the forks and rear shock visually using the entire stroke?

yea i didnt even notice that it was happening more so flat landing on the table tops... i feel kinda dumb now lol... its right out of a sharp corner and you gotta get it just right to land on the landing... im going to set up my sag here in a bit the check it out again and let you know what i come up with... thanks guys

_JOE_ said:
The factory settings should put you in the ballpark for your 165lbs. Theres a schrader valve on the bottom of the shock reservior. Make sure you have a high pressure guage to measure it, they have about 150psi in them.
sweet i will get my manual out and go by it about setting it to stock then go from there... i def dont have a guage so i need to go buy one or check to see if any of my friends might have one.. thanks for you help also

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
Sag makes a huge difference in handling and traction. You may find it easier to get a drive out of the corner so you can clear that tabletop once the sag is set.

jayhedrick

~SPONSOR~
Mar 10, 2009
set the sag... and hit it up... def a nice difference.. someone had to mess with me because i checked my tire pressure and it was like 50 psi... wow.... but everything is cool now.. besides my knee... i had a little run in with the ground today lol... thanks for you help guys

jayhedrick

~SPONSOR~
Mar 10, 2009
IndyMX said:
Me and the ground are very familiar with one another.

We're not friends.
yea i hear ya my knee is the size of a grapfruit right now..

jayhedrick

~SPONSOR~
Mar 10, 2009
Top Bottom