sodflyer

Jun 30, 2004
Hi, I just bought a 04 YZ 2502 weeks ago and when riding I find the suspension is very stiff..... kind of enough to have hurt my wrist with the impact of smaller jumps.... The only thing I have changed from the stock setting is turning the clicker 2 clicks out on all of them... where do you guys have yours set up at from the stock setting? I am 5'9 and 145-50 lbs if this helps any. Thanks Jeff.

DEANSFASTWAY

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 16, 2002
First Id check to be sure the forks arent binding because the axle isnt lined up correctly. this is a common problem that might be adding to your harshness .tuning the clickers out might help a bit but I wouldnt do anything major to the bike without breaking it in for a few rides.

Jarda

Apr 22, 2002
Sod, I had a same problem. Disappeared after 12 hours riding and replacing oil in forks. I checked bearings at swing arm and they are stiff because of new grease in.

shockdoc

May 3, 2001
Make sure that your forks are set at 10-12mm's up in the clamps too. If they are flush with them that will add to the harshness.

doc

sodflyer

Jun 30, 2004
Thanks for all of the tips, I will let them break in here as I only have 2 times out at the track on the easy track ( getting used to it again) and a few rides by my house before the cops stopped by :)... I will check the mesurement this morning. Thanks Jeff.

sodflyer

Jun 30, 2004
worked on the bike yesterday, found the forks were flush with the clamps so I readjusted them to sit at 12mm above the clamps, I then loosened the rear spring a few turns...Thanks for the tips! I will get a chance to get out to the track today and try it out :) Jeff.

Top Bottom