GRNMCHN

Mar 28, 2000
After a couple years of no bike & no ridin' I'm back in the game :) . Just picked up an 05' WR450F. It's goin out for it's maiden ride tomorrow I can't wait. I already took care of the throttle stop and exhaust restrictor, leavin the ignition curve alone for now. Got love electric start, this bike is sweeet. :aj: :yeehaw: and a green sticker for Cali too :cool:

I guess I need to change my name, I haven't posted here since I sold my 97' KDX about 3 yrs ago. Wow this site has changed, looks like for the better (not that it was ever bad), can't believe I remembered my log in. So what's the biggest bang for the buck mod on these bikes? This is my first thumper. I don't think I am gonna sleep tonight. Just had to share, bike fever is startin all over again :laugh:

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
You'll love the blue thumper. I'm green with envy on the e button.

YZ165

YZabian
May 4, 2004
Very nice. Have fun!

GRNMCHN

Mar 28, 2000
Wow what a machine!! These new thumpers ROCK :aj: the power range and power in general is unbelievable and I havn't even taken out all the restrictions yet, still got the intake silencer and the ignition curve mod left to do. Got a bout 80 miles on it this weekend. Man am I out of shape my body feels like I went a 1000 miles, and the bike, well... it don't look new no more :p Only issue was an oil line on the right side came loose and was dripping, tightened it up, checked the level, all good. Need a little more saddle time, a pipe, a real skid plate and a couple other guards here and there.

Took a little spin an KTM 450EXC, very nice bike to, amazing how differnet the power delivery is , the Yammy is a screamer (almost 2 stroke-ish), the KTM is more classic thumper very torquey smooth (still tons of power though).

:cool:

Last edited:
Top Bottom