crazycarl7

Oct 14, 2007
This may be a stupid question but how important is it to clean the oil screen tube that comes from the frame to the crankcase? How often do you do it?

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
When I first checked that on my new '03 YZ 250F after a couple of rides, I actually found little pieces of sticks/twigs in there, no idea where they came from! After that I checked a few months later, and it was fine, and I probably checked once a year from there on, and never found anything. That nut is pretty hard to break loose for the first time.

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
Did the 2005 YZ250Fs still have the oil in the frame? I thought 05 was the first aluminum frame?
As far as your question Nikki is correct about them being hard to break free so much so we never did one of our YZ250s (2004?). The 2003 we did it on and after the intial one or 2 oil changes found a couple pieces of metal but never found any again and after about 3 or 4 times stopped doing it. What is far more important is to keep fresh oil in the bike and change the oil filter often (we did it every other oil change)

crazycarl7

Oct 14, 2007
250f oil changes

the 05 has the alum subframe. in 06 the whole thing is alum. you guy werent kidding about that bolt! what a bitch to get off. thanks for the info.

Top Bottom