05KX250 Why does MXA say it does'nt handle and every other mag loves it?

G92Joe

Apr 7, 2001
I have'nt had a chance to ride a 05kx250, but does it really have the handling problems MXA says? If so, are they fixable through a revalve or tighter offset triple clamp? Are the other mag's DR, TWMX ignorant? I'm down to deciding between a KX or YZ250, mostly MX in loose (sandy) terrain & am looking for some realiats feedback - thanks!

holeshot

Crazy Russian
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 25, 2000
G92Joe said:
I have'nt had a chance to ride a 05kx250, but does it really have the handling problems MXA says? If so, are they fixable through a revalve or tighter offset triple clamp? Are the other mag's DR, TWMX ignorant? I'm down to deciding between a KX or YZ250, mostly MX in loose (sandy) terrain & am looking for some realiats feedback - thanks!

This question has been posed before, and no one really has an answer. There is more than one tester at each mag, so how one group can have such a radically different opinion than the other is a little perplexing. Maybe it's because it doesn't handle the same as weasel's YZ?

The only way you can find out is to ride one and decide for yourself.

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
Sorry guys, but MXA are bang on right with this one.

The rising rate on the linkage is all out of wack, it makes the rear ride too low in the travel, at a point where the suspension doesnt move too well. This in consequence, really messes with the balance and the fork etc.

I would suggest running the ProCircuit linkage.

Kawi4life

Feb 21, 2005
bclapham said:
Sorry guys, but MXA are bang on right with this one.

The rising rate on the linkage is all out of wack, it makes the rear ride too low in the travel, at a point where the suspension doesnt move too well. This in consequence, really messes with the balance and the fork etc.

I would suggest running the ProCircuit linkage.

Does this problem effect the 04 (what I have)?

MXJIM_10

Jun 8, 2004
I dont buy that. They said the same thing about the 04s linkage,that it rides to high in the back.Not to low.Just revalve the shock if you dont like the way it feels.Dont waste your money on linkage.MXA owns stock in pro curcuit and wants you to buy pc products. Every issue has a pc product test.See why.

bedell99

~SPONSOR~
May 3, 2000
MXA doesn't own stock in Pro Circuit. What would you say if you where a mag and a company gave you free stuff to test every week. I think they have a good working relationship. This is something I will never understand with kawasaki. They have one of the best companies(from a racing standpoint) testing there bikes day in and day out, but still have glaring flaws in there stock bikes. To me the point of racing is to test products that will eventually make production. I just don't understand why kawasaki is always 2 years behind in the learning curve when they have such an awesome satellite team.

Erik

MXP1MP

Nov 14, 2000
The handling isn't that far off stock MXA is the only one I've seen make those comments about new KX's. The suspenion could use some fine tuning but what bike wouldn't? I don't have any issue's with my KX's handling I just have some issue's with the suspenion nothing a respring/revalve can't fix. It's not like other bikes are immune to these same kind of problems.

Kawi4life

Feb 21, 2005
bedell99 said:
This is something I will never understand with kawasaki. They have one of the best companies(from a racing standpoint) testing there bikes day in and day out, but still have glaring flaws in there stock bikes. To me the point of racing is to test products that will eventually make production. I just don't understand why kawasaki is always 2 years behind in the learning curve when they have such an awesome satellite team.
Erik

Exactly my thoughts. I was actually thinking of making a topic about this. Why would a manufacture with something so simple as say, bad valving in the forks making a midstroke harshness let it get released like that when they know reviewers are going to nit-pick these machines to death for every flaw that they have. They know people will buy a bike based on it's review, heck, I've been so juiced up about how great the new 05 KX250 is from reviews, I already thought of trading in my four month old 04 on one, lol.

Top Bottom