06 YZ250 oil color out of powervalve vent hose?

J.B.426

~SPONSOR~
Mar 20, 2000
I know some oil dripping out the powervalve vent hose is somewhat normal. My jetting is now pretty close but now after the bike sat for about 2 weeks I'm getting a few drops of silvery black oil out of the vent hose after riding. Bike runs great and I'm running Maxima K-2 at 32:1. It was black at first but now is silvery and thats what I'm wondering about. I was thinking maybe it was condensation that accumulated after the bike had been sitting but I don't know. Anyone have any ideas?

steve125

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 19, 2000
J.B.426 said:
I I was thinking maybe it was condensation that accumulated after the bike had been sitting but I don't know. Anyone have any ideas?

I use the same oil and what you are describing is normal.

matt1234561

Jan 3, 2006
yeah, its normal

i have a yz125 and that leaks spooge oil black thick **** from the vent hose everytime i stop. but i left myne for a while once and i started it and a load of grey **** spat out on the driveway. but when you let it run for a bit and then cut the engine, it will be back to balck oil again!!!

J.B.426

~SPONSOR~
Mar 20, 2000
Cool, cool. Thanks Steve and Matt.

I like the K-2 and use it based on availability to me and from some recommendations, or comments, I've read on here from people more knowledgeable than me, like steve125.

Top Bottom