mmz77

Oct 15, 2006
Here is a review... It is pretty good from what they say.
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_gqS0I9nMik&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_gqS0I9nMik&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object> :cool:

BigRedAF

Jan 9, 2005
I just read the Motocross Action review last night. They slammed the RMZ worse than any test in any magazine that I have ever read over the last 30 years. I feel bad for Suzuki because I know a lot of people read that stuff. I currently have a 06 RMZ that I got a bargain on. I probably wouldn't have bought it if a CR or YZ was in the same condition for the same price due to the resale problems but I'm pleased with the bike.

Just last week I read some stuff from Motocross Action on the net about the broken case they refer to in the test and they said it was due to a ignition and fuel mapping combination causing a backfire during the starting. They also said that Suzuki fixed all the case related issues prior to releasing the production bikes. The test bike was a pre release in planned OEM condition. They didn't mention that in the magazine test. Suzuki must have cut back on advertising this month...

souphmars

Mar 8, 2004
yea big red ur right, they did repair the problem before they released the new bikes- that is why they are not out yet- i plan on getting one- i read the exact same article u r talking about- i have read other articles, and all them are pretty pleased about the bike- MXA made it sound like the honda was the best bike ever and that the other ones were no where near the honda- i dont really believe that- the problems they had with the suzuki did not seem to be a big deal to me- i think a pipe would fix most of the motor problems they discussed- the other mags didnt kill the bike like MXA did- the others seemed to think the bike was OK, and seemed to be satisified with it

BigRedAF

Jan 9, 2005
I'm pleased with every thing my 06 RMZ has thrown at me. If I had a 08 RMZ I would be calling Yoshimura about a pipe and a EFI reprogram setup. I'm sure that would solve all the issues and the bike would haul A$$. My Harley's are EFI and a little tuning goes a long way towards fixing those SOB's.

http://www.yoshimura-rd.com/t-NP_08_RMZ450.aspx

The on line information said that the bike was a bit rich as delivered and the pipe would solve that issue. It wont be long before there's a piggy back plug in reprogram that's available to solve the factory settings.

souphmars

Mar 8, 2004
i completely agree big red. when i get mine i will be calling pro circuit and yoshimura and maybe fmf. - i would like to see what pro ciruit would say since mike alessi uses them

BigRedAF

Jan 9, 2005
Keep in mind that the pipe team Suzuki uses from PC is not available to the working stiffs like us. Yoshimura does R&D for Suzuki and will in my opinion have a better product and perhaps a reprogram module available.

BigRedAF

Jan 9, 2005
If you do buy one take the Motocross Action article with you and bust them down. Don't pay anywhere near MSRP out the door including all expenses!

souphmars

Mar 8, 2004
i would like to try that, but it wouldnt work here- i am on a waiting list at every suzuki dealer around here- they seem to be a hot commodity here

BigRedAF

Jan 9, 2005
If I had to guess I would say that your on a waiting list because they need to wait until they can ship them out to every dealer at once. I have yet to see one in the Phoenix area either and we have five dealers.

souphmars

Mar 8, 2004
i was told that they wold be here the first week of march, but this is not the first time i have been given a time of arrival since i ahve been waiting on this bike- i saw one at loretta's in the summer and i have been waiting since then to get one- when i talked to the suzuki rep that was there he did not mention anything about a delay- i guess they had not found any problems with it then- call a coupe of ur dealers and see if they tell u the same thing my dealers told me- if they do, then we might be good to go to assume they will be out the first week of march

BigRedAF

Jan 9, 2005
That might be the thing to do!

Problems will be solved by then. Perhaps the left over 08's will be cheap when the corrected 09's hit the floor in September. I hope it all works out for you...

Top Bottom