08 WR250F Max Wattage Output on stock stator?

Motoxguy95

Aug 10, 2010
Hey guys. I am a newbie on here and in the world of off-road racing. I ride a 08 WR250f and am preparing for a 24-hour night race and am planning on upgrading my stock 35w headlight to a trail-tech x2 halogen that produces 70w. I also just purchased a lead dog 35w helmet light that connects to either your headlight or battery. Total wattage output would be 105 watts. My question is, will this much wattageou be ok with my stock stator and electrical system or do I absolutely need to get my starter rewound or switch to DC from the stock AC? Thanks for your time and help in advance!

Last edited:

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Welcome to DRN.

Not sure of the total wattage output of your bike but, I think my WR400 only put out about 35 watts. Look in your manual, it should tell you the wattage output of your bike. If it only has a total of 35 watts output, it will be insufficient to run the lights you want to run.

There are a few options. You can get your stator rewound at Baja Designs,com for more output. You could also look into HID or LED lights. They don't draw as much wattage as stock bulb lights although the HID light systems can get very expensive.

Jul 3, 2013
Motoxguy95 said:
Hey guys. I am a newbie on here and in the world of off-road racing. I ride a 08 WR250f and am preparing for a 24-hour night race and am planning on upgrading my stock 35w headlight to a trail-tech x2 halogen that produces 70w. I also just purchased a lead dog 35w helmet light that connects to either your headlight or battery. Total wattage output would be 105 watts. My question is, will this much wattageou be ok with my stock stator and electrical system or do I absolutely need to get my starter rewound or switch to DC from the stock AC? Thanks for your time and help in advance!
hello man I am looking to get new helmet light.. i have never purchased it earlier so can you tell which is best suited?Looking forward for quick reply... Thanks:)

Top Bottom