D14openA

Mar 12, 2007
I was looking through my Father's trail rider magazine when i stumbled upon a race in Drummond island. It is a 12 hour race consisting of a 12-15 mile loop at the Turtle Ridge orv park. Here is the link http://www.funpromotions.com/registration-forms/12endurance-moto-regform.pdf for anyone that is interested, i was wondering if there were any of you that would be interested in doing it as a team. The downfall is that it is the same weekend as the Marquette enduro, but i thought it would be a different experience since i had never ridden there, please not as long as a drive for us trolls.
Nick Rasmussen

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
I just saw that yesterday as well. That sounds like a lot of fun. I have rode @ Turtle Ridge where they are holding the event and they have some pretty interesting terrain there.

Check out the photos on there site and see if its your bag of tea

www.turtleridgeorv.com

Ive rode the single track there. My friend and former national enduro champ layed it out. Its pretty nasty. There was about 1.5 miles in there and it took us about an hour to get thru it last time I rode it.

Ill be up there the weekend before the race and seriousely doubt I can make another trip up there so soon after.

Magoo

~SPONSOR~
Aug 12, 1999
Too bad they scheduled it for the same weekend as the LM... I'd go do it for sure. :nod:

Clicking on the link, it looks like the promoter of the event is a MTB race promoter; sure doesn't have his finger on the pulse of the MC racing community.... Too bad, I'd think with better scheduling and coordination with the Enduro/HS schedules, the attendence could be maximized.

SNDMN2

Jul 18, 2003
They are also haveing a 24 hour event in October. From the Turtle Ridge website.

The first event that will require a closed park is a twelve hour motorcycle enduro race. This race is hosted by Turtle Ridge and will be put on by Fun Promotions, Inc.. This race, I'm sure, will be among the most grueling endurance races ever held in the state. The race will take place on June 9th, 2007, and a second 24 hour race will take place On October 20th. For information on how to enter either of these races visit www.funpromotions.com. We are very excited to host these events and anticipate a great showing of participants and spectators, alike.

Turtle Ridge

Orangewoods

Jul 25, 2005
What a bummer on the same day as The Loose Moose? I dont get it.. There's nothing in May. Im not sure about HS. How can you pass on the Loose Moose I cant..

Wolverine423

~SPONSOR~
Oct 2, 2005
SNDMN2 said:
They are also haveing a 24 hour event in October. From the Turtle Ridge website.

The first event that will require a closed park is a twelve hour motorcycle enduro race. This race is hosted by Turtle Ridge and will be put on by Fun Promotions, Inc.. This race, I'm sure, will be among the most grueling endurance races ever held in the state. The race will take place on June 9th, 2007, and a second 24 hour race will take place On October 20th. For information on how to enter either of these races visit www.funpromotions.com. We are very excited to host these events and anticipate a great showing of participants and spectators, alike.

Turtle Ridge
Like Magoo stated. Somebody should have done their homework on planning these events as there is the LM Marquette enduro on the first 12hr date and the Roselawn family enduro series on the second 24 hr date. The race sound like fun but I'll bet the entree's to be low due to conflict of interest. I've done some MTB racing at the Fun Promotions race series and they do a great job with their events!

Wolf Child

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 30, 2005
Fun Promotions is and always has been a Mountain bike race promoter. Brent Has never tried to work around other events. Hell, He used to try to put on races at the same time as the NORBA Nationals when they were still held in Traverse CIty. The only reason I can see him jumping into this market is because the dates he has listed are well before/after the MTB season is really active. once the weather clears there is a race every weekend. I was surprised to see that he's jumping into this market when I heard about it. It'll be interesting to see how he handles these events.

sanford

Apr 9, 2002
Let me be first to congratulate the following:

The rider that is able to finish all 12 hours solo

The promoter if he is able to get more than 5-10 people to pay $100 to ride this event.

bbarel

Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 13, 2003
Wonder why they didn't just host a D14 enduro. I bet they'd get more participation that way. The ran enduros on Drummond some years ago.

Wolf Child

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 30, 2005
bbarel said:
Wonder why they didn't just host a D14 enduro. I bet they'd get more participation that way. The ran enduros on Drummond some years ago.

I know why. But I shouldnt slam the promoter here.

Trashrider

Mi. Trail Riders
Nov 3, 2004
Back in 2003, Bent Wheels ran a 6 hour hare scramble that was grueling. I finished it but was in very rough shape. If anyone can go 12 hours on the "Rock" then you have earned the title of "American Bad Ass". My pre-entry is in the mail.

Mark

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
UP Magoo said:
Too bad we won't see you at the LM.
Paul Yelle has moved out to Nevada; this years LM will be an EASY.

I won't make the LM this year either, my daughters High School graduation is Saturday. She's bummed, she wanted to ride the Mini Moose as it's her favorite one. I guess we both will have to use that weekend as our throw away.

D14openA

Mar 12, 2007
Trashrider said:
Back in 2003, Bent Wheels ran a 6 hour hare scramble that was grueling. I finished it but was in very rough shape. If anyone can go 12 hours on the "Rock" then you have earned the title of "American Bad Ass". My pre-entry is in the mail.

Mark

Mark,
Do you want to race this event as a team, or what. If you do give me a call, 989-277-7422. If i dont here from you in a while, ill give you a call. Hey i think we could win the damn thing as a team. Give me a call.
Nick

Trashrider

Mi. Trail Riders
Nov 3, 2004
Nick,
I am considering my options.

Magoo,
I talk with Paul Yelle frequently. He had some entertaining comments about the internal politics of your club. If only half of what he said is true it would be gut-wrenching funny!

Mark Becker

UP Magoo

Apr 4, 2002
Trashrider said:
Magoo,
I talk with Paul Yelle frequently. He had some entertaining comments about the internal politics of your club. If only half of what he said is true it would be gut-wrenching funny!

Mark Becker
Mark, I'll bet most of it's true... :whoa:

Us Yoopers are are strange breed, indeed! :laugh:

D14openA

Mar 12, 2007
Trashrider said:
Nick,
I am considering my options.

Mark Becker

Mark,
Let me know what you think, it would be a good time, and i think that it would be a great experience. I want to do ride there, so what better chance then to do it now, anyways i think we would fair well.
Let me know
Nick Rasmussen

D14openA

Mar 12, 2007
Or Mark do you want to carpool to Marquette, and ill share expenses on gas( I am selling my truck, cant afford to drive to work eveyday). Decide and let me know. I would like to go to marquette, i just cant really get there without using my Dad's truck and he is a Dual sporter, so he is going to be at Whiskey Creek, so the truck is reserved for him. Mark go ahead and let me know what you are thinking.
~Nick

nzambon

Apr 19, 2003
So for all you talkers or I mean whiners who are willing to say the LM is to tough. And then TALK about a 12 hour on drummond trash boy you your funny. And 100 to 120 entry fee geez and we keep hearing about the hard times in the LP must be president bushes fault.

Trashrider

Mi. Trail Riders
Nov 3, 2004
Mr Zambon,
Why are you being overly sensitive and defensive over your enduro? Life is too short for your insecurities. Learn to relax and take life in stride.

Have a super day!

Mark Becker

TCTrailrider

Jan 19, 2004
Trashrider said:
Learn to relax and take life in stride.

Mark Becker

Mark, I picked up some of your favorite Cubans in Mexico last week. Also have some Mexican hand rolled that are the best I've ever smoked. Have a couple with your name on them.

nzambon

Apr 19, 2003
Dear Mr Becker its true when one is sensitive one is passionate. But your crucible still is waiting for you so until then the mountain owns your soul.

Tom Dixon

Farmer Tom = Face Planter
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 15, 2001
nzambon said:
Dear Mr Becker its true when one is sensitive one is passionate. But your crucible still is waiting for you so until then the mountain owns your soul.

Damn William!! (Shakespeare that is...) :laugh:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom