yarrowkevin

Mar 12, 2004
will a 120-100-18 rear kenda millville tire fit on a 96 kdx, or is it to wide , I have used the 110 without any problems. thanks in advance :laugh:

adam728

Aug 16, 2004
I'm not sure about the Millville, but Kenda Trackmaster II's run narrow, I know that. I'm running one in a 120-100-18 and it's fine. Rubs in the front lower part of the fender a little when bottoming, but I am running the rear wheel almost all the way foward.

2wheeler

Dec 9, 2004
It will work as far as fitting in the swing arm. But I have found wider is not always better. Much harder on chains,sprockets.bearings etc. To much traction can be a bad thing. It may sound crazy but after several years of riding, sticking as close to stock size seems to be better. IMO.

May 26, 2005
Also your rear wheel is designed to use ONLY a 100 width tire. Sure a 120 or hell even a big nasty 130 may fit and clear but thats not the point. You need a wider rim to run a wider tire. While you may gain some in traction your not helping your cornering at all as your making the tire profile more rounder than it should be.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom