celtic530

Apr 29, 2005
hey guys, iv been riding off and on for a while now. i started off with a xr 100 a long time ago, and like last year i use to ride my dads 83' 175 pe (then he had to sell it).

its been a year now and i wanna get my own bike, what should i get? im 17, only 5' 5'' and about 130 lbs. I want a bike to learn how to ride wheelies, and jumping (medium size jumps, not big jumps)

so i need somethin with a lil power, but reliable.

anyone got any suggestions, i was thingin about a Rm 125...... anyone got any other ideas for me (please post wat make modle year bike i should get)

Thankz..... Bobby Jr

KX02

Jan 19, 2004
Yeah, a 125 would be good for you especially if you want to some jumps. You are going to be a little short for it, but if you are still growing that could change quickly. Pick a color you like and find a solid bike.

celtic530

Apr 29, 2005
ok so it looks like i should buy a 125 then? now..........out of a KX, CR, YZ, and RM...... whats the best bike for jumping and doin wheelies (thats somewhat reliable)?

and 1 last thing.... I only wanna spend about 2300 for a bike, what year bike do u think i could get with this?

(plz post the best make for the job)

KX02

Jan 19, 2004
Well it seems the YZ's have the best reputation overall. I think their all decent, but I have heard that CR's are dogs. That price range should get you a pretty good bike because everyone want's to buy 4 strokes now so 2 strokes are cheap. I've got my 2002 KX 125 up for sale, clean reliable bike for $2000. I'm in Ohio, I don't know where you are at. But I would think a 2002-2003 would be in that range. Try to get something not much older than that.

redrider100

Aug 17, 2003
The KX/RM 100 has a 100cc motor in an 80 size chassis. I have a KX100 and i wish it had 125 suspension :) . The KX has alot of bottom which is good for the trails but with a few mods like exhaust and reed valves you'll have yourself a screamer :aj: . The KX is a light and flickable bike with power close to a 125. Your probably a little tall for it though. You'd probably be better off gettin a 125 if you're interested in doin some jumps. just my 2 cents.

Top Bottom